Azizinum Azizinum 26-30, M 12 Answers Feb 18, 2013 in WTK

How come no one has candy for me when I really want candy?!

Best Answer

The querty keyboard is comparatively easier to pronounce as a two-syllable word.

By the way, the placement of the various letters was devised in such a way as to "slow down" the typist! Why? Because the original typewriters of the late 1800's tended to jam too easily, if one attempted to type too quickly. Of course, when IBM invented the "Selectric" typewriter with a typing ball instead of a series of hammers that slid between two thinly spaced walls, the QWERTY configuration was considered antiquated.

There WAS an attempt to redesign the placement of the keyboard, once the non-jamming typewriter was invented. It was called the DVORAK (pronounced dih-VOHR-zshack) configuration. However, generations of typists refused to accept the newer configuration because they were all used to the old QWERTY version.

Hope this helps,

AnonymousButCandid

Best Answer

Technically, the modern keyboard is called the Sholes keyboard, named after its inventor. Guy did a crap job, though. "Who cares?" I know, just wanted to throw this up here. Get off me.

Best Answer

He couldn't even put a 'division sign' on it.

Best Answer

And here I thought they called it the "1234567890 keyboard"! O_O

Best Answer

xD

Best Answer

cause its the first line i guess

Best Answer

Constipated

Best Answer

Because that is the order of the letters on the keyboard.. 😊

Best Answer

its these great mysteries of the universe that give meaning to your life...and you will have to toil through life not knowing the answer. Pondering great questions like this and others like, why is rain wet, will give you purpose.

Best Answer

We read the page from the top left and in other languages i believe the E is in a different place.

Best Answer