Obama's Energy czar is on record as saying that we (Americans) should be paying prices equal to the rest of the developed world (Europe). It's all political. You don't hear politicians saying how much of the current price of gasoline at the retail level is in the form of taxes and what's the real price, do you?

Best Answer

speculators betting on profits.

Best Answer

Hey Ace,How ya doing?

Best Answer

I don't know what country you were living in under the Bush administration that gas on Long Island was $1.87. Blame Obama for everthing but when you dont require your congress and senator to fight for you and answer to your request something is wrong. For the last four years they have not represented us instead they want to make the President look bad. Just because Mitt got caught with his hands in the cookie jar, he is now concern about the middle class. Several weeks ago Mitt did not give a blank about the 46 precent. Now his main concern is taking care of the middle class. Tell me one and one is is three. .

Best Answer

somewhere there is probably a point (probably just another excuse to condemn Pres. Obama)<br />
if you figure it out, let us know.<br />
prices are up and down every summer season, nothing new for any time period since the gas problems in the late 70's, so blame pricing by OPEC and SUV's for guzzling gas and driving up the consumption till the market can see room to react, instead of blaming someone (bush OR obama) who have nothing at all to do with the actual price of oil OR gas.

Best Answer

If you had a dime minted before 1965 (made of pure silver), a gallon of gas would cost you only $0.08. Gas is extremely cheap right now in terms of real money. It's only when you buy it with Bernanke's funny money - that it's so expensive. Otherwise, in terms of real commodities, fuel is cheaper now than it was in the great depression.

Best Answer

Is anyone saying high gas prices are good? I haven't heard that.

Best Answer

Gas prices have nothing to do with the president. It's based on oil prices-and you know just how greedy those ******** are. So it had nothing to do with Bush or Obama. Look at those companies-Exxon, Chevron, BP...

Best Answer

I don't know why everyone thinks gas prices are high. Think back in time. I remember way back gas was 1/3 the price but then again so were goods, services, salaries. So of course gas is going to cost more. <br />
Buy a home in NY when working and make more money. Then retire in FL and buy a house on the cheap.<br />
And don't buy a SUV and that will balance out your checking account. $50 is the new 20!

Best Answer

all I know is I drive an SUV like any other good southern american...and frankly we're getting pissed about it. Costs me over $70 to fill my tank and i'm thinking i don't care who the president is, I wanna piece of the a-hole who is causing mass pandemonium with the theory that we have a shortage of oil when we do not....that's the problem with gas prices. And i've yet to see any president get their butt in there to fix that.

Best Answer

What the Hell does "like any other good Southern American" mean? Are you out of your mind? Sweeping statements such as this only mark the speaker as an idiot. I live in the Southern always have and very few, if any, of my friends drive an SUV. Think before you type!

Best Answer

I should think before I speak? I was born in the south and unfortunately if you can't handle a difference of opinion without slinging insults than perhaps this isn't the question for you...as I can't see how your comment pertains to gas prices what so ever. It is also a statistical fact that more SUVs are driven in southern states than any other US region. I could care less what you drive as my answer pertained to the question.... Your level of immaturity to simply handle having a difference of opinion is impressive. ;)

Best Answer