everton13 everton13 46-50, F 11 Answers Jul 9, 2009

Sexist gender roles have made women look like idots for years.

Best Answer

I think some of them do it with the desire to impress you with their knowledge;others may want to rip you off. Some men have a very poor opinion of women in general. They are the hardest to work with. I think it all comes down to how they stereotype you in general. I would be willing to bet they treat women of different races specifically too.<br />
It's not just the mechanics. Car salesman are the worst! I have 15 years in maintenance with the USAF and they try to do it to me. It is really funny because the stuff they say to you isn't always right. <br />
I just walk away and refuse to do business with them. I can give my money to whoever I want. I generally try to find a female in either case.

Best Answer

I totally agree with you. I got ripped off by a garage so always take my dad with me now!

Best Answer

They think that way because mechanics is traditionally male-dominated. The best way to stop it is to educate yourself on the basic workings under the hood, and talk to the mechanic about what seems to be wrong. Then, they will be pleasantly surprised by you.

Best Answer

A friend of mine who works on cars told me that some mechanics love when a woman comes in so they can get over on them. But he took the time to show me all the stuff I need to know about cars, so that won't happen to me. I love when I have to go into the shop and tell them what Iknow is wrong with the car, and that is after I have talked to my friend and he tells me what to say, and the guys look at me in shock and they can't say nothing but OKAY, YES we will check it out. And if they doubt me, I have my friend to call or stop by the shop afterward and talk to them about it, and when I walk back in they tell me, I was right about the issue. I will not be cut down by no man if I know what I am talking about! I know more about car issues than my husband of 3 years do, he get upset because I can tell him some stuff....KNOWLEDGE IS POWER!!!!

Best Answer

If the woman ends statements with question marks like that, then they probably will.

Best Answer

I have NO idea but it well annoys me...

Best Answer