roots2life roots2life 46-50, M 20 Answers Mar 12, 2012

Why- so we can be further hated for getting involved in a foreign country's internal strife? Everytime we take down a dictator for the "good" of the people, the people start burning our flags-No thanks

Best Answer

This is what I'm sayin

Best Answer

Not too mention it usually isn't long before the people we're there to liberate decide to start shooting at our troops.

Best Answer

Or your troops start killing innocent kids.... ******* on captives and burning religious material....

Best Answer

I'm confused, do you want the U.S. to step in or stay out?

Best Answer

The troops our soldiers are training already have

Best Answer

I would rather they stay out as they make a mess of every country they get involved with! Just asking for the reasons and popular opinions on why they haven't stuck their noses into Syria.... I don't like to see any civilians being killed on a daily basis, Putin should be doing more! China can do what they like as we are all financially scared to upset them....

Best Answer

Alrightee then- how does the saber rattling over Iran fit into all of this my learned colleagues?

Best Answer

Damned if we do, damned if we don't.

Best Answer

Here we go again !! America laying down the law to the rest of the world !! If the Syrians are killing their own people, then it's the Syrians who need to sort that out. It has nothing to do with the UN or anybody else to go in there and cause another " Middle East " mess. Mind their own business !!!!

Best Answer

We need to mind our own business anyways.

Best Answer

No oil, no benefit to the US government, they won't gain financially, so they won't fund any military intervention. The only reason the US invaded Iraq was for their massive oil reserves, had nothing to do with weapons of mass destruction that didn't exist. Imperialism at its best.

Best Answer

Hopefully America's government recognizes that it's high time that America starts taking care of itself again.<br />
That is supposed to be it's priority. We need them to knuckle down and start concentrating on our<br />
problems.

Best Answer

It depends on what you mean by help, if you're talking about military intervention, then I agree with staying out of the conflict unless we're talking about setting up some sort of safe zone for refugees, which even then I'm not sure if that would be a course of action that would bring about a more positive outcome in the conflict. Our foreign policy can't be shaped simply by emotional and moral outrage, we can't justify toppling a terrible regime for killing a few thousand people over the course of a few months, this is especially so considering that the opposition to the regime seem to be just as brutal as the current government. Our national interests along with the geopolitical implications of taking a particular course of action have to be heavily considered and weighed against the cost of the mounting atrocities and IMO they don't justify the U.S. intervening.

Best Answer

America has nothing to gain from the fall of Syria's government (particularly if Israel gets involved), and, realistically, any "help" would entail more people dying than is already the case, for which it would be blamed.

Best Answer

Plain and simple the US main reason for not helping Syria vs. helping Libya is Israel and potential terrorism. The US as the closest ally of Israel is directly blamed by many Arabs for Israel's actions. Thus open to attacks by proxy. Libya itself is not in close proximity to Israel and is thus not directly effected by the Palestine struggle. Further there is not a huge history of Islamic fundamentalism in that country. On the other hand, Syria is the complete opposite. Close to Israel, acutely aware of the Palestine struggle and thus open to more fundamentalist actions and rhetoric. Thus we destabilize an already somewhat stable neutral friendly regime and replace it with a what? <br />
The US is now very wary of arming Arab counties as they fear those arms and training will further be used against it or its ally Israel. I'm 100% sure that any US heavy weapons will someday find their way to the front lines against Israel. The US trained and armed Osama Bin Laden in Afghanistan and that is the modal in which we now judge arming Arabs. <br />
Thus Syria being close to Israel and with a large potential fundamentalist Islamic population will never ever receive any form of US heavy weapons or direct military involvement. Libya was far enough from the middle east to warrant a response but interfering in Syria directly effects Israel and thus the USA actions. The only hope for the rebels is the UN or Arab League because NATO won't **** off the US either.

Best Answer

that's completely untrue. mubarak was the most stable leader in the middle east, with respect to US interests. egypt was the strongest arab ally in our efforts toward a 2-state solution for israel/palestine. the new MB government has already begun to publicly reject US interests.
also, where do you get this idea that the UN can help syria? the UN has proposed this idea several times and two of the vetoing members continue to vote against it.

Best Answer

Because Iran is to close to Syria and right now we are busy trying to stop Iran from building a nuke bomb.If anything we should let NATO lead the charge like they did in Libya and just start bombing military targets to at least give the rebels a chance to fight back and possibly over throw that yahoo..We shouldn't send any troops there at all as it would just turn into mess like it is in Iraq & Afganistan

Best Answer

Exactly my view, good response my friend....

Best Answer

As Regan said, no-one understands the irrationality of middle eastern politics, it's best not to get involved.

Best Answer

oh yeah why didn't somebody mention that 10 yrs ago

Best Answer

The American memory span doesn't extend beyond 3 seconds. The only reason Americans even know there was a war in Vietnam is because platoon and full metal jacket are on tv every now and then and most people think they're documentarys about the civil war.

Best Answer

The US protested the regime by recalling it's Ambassador a few weeks back. Are you talking about military or diplomatic assistance ?

Best Answer

Both.... I think they have lost their nerve....

Best Answer

Seems that way. I agree that if there was oil, they might intervene. All wars are economic, no matter what the people fighting them are told. It's not the American's fault. It's human nature. Oh, buggar! I just made myself sad :o(

Best Answer

I have watched civilians Syrian citizens many people kidnapped and bundled into the trunk of a car and taken away somewhere and then with there hands bond and blindfolded they have there heads cut off or and shot or are chopped up with machetes and this is filmed on cell phones and put on the net hundreds of them more and more. No wonder there is an escalation of refugees fleeing to safer parts of the world no matter what. Bestgore.com will<br />
Dispell any illusion that the world is safeplace .its made me appreciate living in Melbourne <br />
Australia

Best Answer

in my opinion, and this goes for all countries, the people are the country not the government and if you look at it like that, we are helping Syria, we provide millions in support, we have military units training Syrian refugees in Jordan........i don't want to offend anyone but I am an AMerican, and i feel the need to defend my country....Don't ask why we are not heping anything...Everytime we get involved in another countries war, for the protection the entire world starts screaming about how evil we are and that we need to mind our own business....so when we try to help everyone hates us, when we don't heko ..or we don't help enough people hate us for not stopping **** from happeneing...the world needs to make its mind up......its like ."oh i hate you America, i wish you were all dead, you need to mind your own business......oh wait, are we being invaded by someone stronger than us? Quick, lets go beg the USA,we will have plenty of time tohate them after they save us:

Best Answer

PEOPLE ARE BEING SLAUGHTERED - BURNED ALIVE - LITTLE CHILDREN - Are you serious with these comments? OMG!

Best Answer

Just putting my opinion out there...USA is the greatest country and with that we have examples or standards were held to. I believe the rebels need help. I believe assad must go and so does everyone in the middle east except for iran. Together we should help these babies dying so horribly. Everything we do shouldn't be done because theres a benefit for us. We should do anything to save lives. Im not to sure on arming anyone because for that we should just fight. I don't trust anyone with our weapons but we could do something for victims. Safe zones anything.

Best Answer