Cut it short: we've been together for a year and 8 months. I'm in love with this guy. I'm a Christian however he's a Muslim. I told my parents yesterday about him they weren't happy at all. But I would sacrifice so much for him. He's said he will tell them but hasn't yet. I asked that maybe he should ask and he totally freaked out and said NO sorry. I'm feeling so lost right now.
Ariana007 Ariana007 18-21, F 19 Answers Nov 25, 2012 in Romance & True Love

Because he knows his parents will not put up with it at all. Just because you are in love doesn't mean that everybody else should accept your feelings and ignore their own. He knows his parents will make him stop seeing you if he tells them about you. Either enjoy the relationship you have or move on.

Best Answer

start to wonder if you both have a future together

Best Answer

I don't think the reason really matters. Why would you be with someone who won't be open and honest?

Best Answer

There could be a number of reasons, but I wonder how strict his parents are? Maybe it is not you, but the fact he has a GF.

Best Answer

His parents aren't really strict they're pretty westernised. However, we both come from different backgrounds. I'm an Asian Christian and he's an Asian Muslim. I've told my parents and was pretty scared. But he won't. He said it's too early??

Best Answer

Give it time, and don't pressure him. If things are going to work out you will need to be patient.

Best Answer

Only time will tell... There once was a young man who had a Muslim stepdad and his mother was Judeo-Christian. He became President of the United States... Only time will tell.

Best Answer

Some muslims operate under the belief of honor killing. His family may be one of them. He may actually be saying your life. It is a horrible thought, but it may be what the reality is.

Best Answer

I am getting very bad vibes that he may think of you as maybe a *** catcher and has little respect for you

Best Answer

it could be that he is worried how is parents are gointo react but if he does not tell them soon u need to step up and tell him to tell them or u cant be with him i know it will be hard but its something you have to do and im here if u need to talk

Best Answer

find another guy. he is a gay

Best Answer

He's not ready to stand up to them

Best Answer

A little more info would be very helpful. Just that question leave it open to a multitude of reasons. Until then I will say this - Maybe he is embarrassed by his parents.

Best Answer

I am sorry I did not see the part about the religous difference. Yes this is a very bad situation for you to be in. I say to you GET OUT OF IT ! I am totally serious as I know what will happen if you don't. You will be essentially FORCED to become muslim and live like a muslim in order to stay with him. If you do this you are getting yourself into a world you do not want to be in. ESPECIALLY if he decides to go back to the homeland of the Muslim people. Then you will be treated worse than a dog and have NO rights what so ever. Please read up on how the muslim women are treated. Then decide if you really want to do this.

Best Answer

He's not very religious at all. We've spoke about the future and kids and he said they should be able to decide for themselves. He also said he would leave his family if they did not accept?

Best Answer

I dated a guy like that once <br />
and he didn't tell his parents about me bc I'm not jewish <br />
and he shouldn't have even dated me according to them

Best Answer