It seems like the people who like to spend family time never get the chance to.. but the people who don't are the ones that have those "annoying" family members (as they say).

Best Answer

Happy Birthday Sunshine. 20 is one of the important ones. I understand about families becoming self absorbed. I wish it wouldn't be happening to you too.

Best Answer

Happy birthday! Go cause a scene then and I'm sure they'll pay attention to you then

Best Answer

Sadly, that happens when you become an adult. They usually just ween off of all time for you because you're older. Still..it's kind of rude for someone to be leaving you alone on your birthday. <br />
By the way, happy birthday.

Best Answer

thanks :)

Best Answer

Ah, I face the same issue at my 19th next week. but that's the hand life deals you sometimes. best just to grit your teeth and make something of the situation

Best Answer

maybe they just assumed you'd rather hang out with friends. at your age that's pretty common.

Best Answer

No, I had plans to see my mother and she told me she couldn't be bothered with me after I had a psychotic episode, knowing I needed to stay with her as I had plans with both her and friends, which got ruined when she said she didn't want anything more to do with me because she couldn't be bothered anymore.

Best Answer

i'd have to say it was the psychotic episode then. are you getting help? is it available to you?

Best Answer

I know, I just wish she'd do for me what she does for my brother who is more mentally ill than I am - my brothers have always mattered but I never have. Yeah, I'm on medication and see specialists fairly regularly

Best Answer

i'm glad you're getting help. i have mental issues myself, and similar family issues. i'm in your place and my sister is in your brothers'. i wish you all the best.

Best Answer

They're too self-centered. Should have been there for you.

Best Answer

I know. I give all my time to my mum and dad trying to repair things and travel to see them, then my dad spends all his time with his girlfriend and my mum tells me off for having a psychotic episode. I give up with them now. Been years of too much effort for nothing in return.

Best Answer