I've never been unfaithful, and I give him almost everything he wants, but he's still so needy. I just want some alone time to pay attention to myself.
motherofzeno motherofzeno 18-21, F 13 Answers Jan 22, 2013 in Dating & Relationships

i may be over reacting because of my own experiences, but it sounds like an early sign of an abusive relationship. in a healthy relationship both parties allow eachother time to have their own lives, without making the other feel guilty and it doesn't sound to me like you're asking for unreasonable amounts of time for yourself.

Best Answer

It's not that he's being controlling. He just won't leave me alone.

Best Answer

I don't know but if you need some space I have some around here somewhere that you can have.

Best Answer

give him a honeydo list...he'll disappear then :)

Best Answer

I wish, he is kind of lazy. Which I wouldn't mind if he wasn't unemployed.

Best Answer

sounds like he needs a kick in the rear then! I'll lend ya my boots ;)

Best Answer

speaking as someone who has been a needy husband... what is best for both you AND him... is to demand your space, and make sure you get it at all costs, and let him go through all the whining, and temper tantrums (if he does that) or complaining... or whatever needy behaviors he does, but don't give him a choice. Take your time. It will help you both. He will go through it. Just be confident that what your doing is best and totally ok.

Best Answer

You pretty much described him perfectly. Thanks. I will do this.

Best Answer

:) gl!

Best Answer

How can someone so young be married?

Best Answer

He knocked me up when we were 16 and we decided to get married, so we went to Nevada when we were 17, a month before our son was born and tied the knot. We've been together 3 years and married for 2 years and 3 months.

Best Answer