The relationship was only 3 months long but he had wanted me to move in with him. I did so reluctantly, knowing(I guess) that something could happen. Well it did and he used those opposite three little words "lets be friends" I was torn. I stayed with him another week until I could move my things(and he helped meeting my parents in the process) and we talked. He tells me how sorry he is but when I've brought things up all I hear is I don't want to go there. Why does he offer friendship? And more importantly keep the contact by text? We have text everyday(only a few days missed). But honestly I did go a little crazy on him yet he still comes to me, texting me. At first it was way different but the past week and half have been different somehow more like before. We do not get together in person and I don't believe its for the sex because well we haven't had any, no get together. That was what he withdrew first and I asked him he said because he didn't want to use me
shuttermagic shuttermagic 31-35, F 13 Answers Oct 13, 2009

Some men behave this way so that he isn't labelled as "the bad guy"...and to have the option of 'friends with benefits' with his ex too...

Best Answer

Lets be friends means lets make this amicable. Most of us people don't want to leave burning bodies and bridges in our wake. Many feel guilty about ending a relationship as they know its an unfufilled promise so to speak, but realize it has to end because it didn't meet expectations (expectations too high). 'Lets not be eternal blood enemies' maybe a better phrase.

Best Answer

Unfortunately he didn't have the same romantic feelings for you as you did for him but he still likes you. I had a similar experience with a guy years ago. It hurts at first, but you'll get over it eventually. Sometimes you have no choice but to disconnect with someone for a while til you get over your feelings

Best Answer

Oh god I f*cking HATE that! I NEVER want to be "friends" with ex's but they always do! What the hell do they think is going to happen once one of us starts dating? There won't be ANY jealousy with whoever gets the first date? Ugh, stupid.

Best Answer

It could be different reasons. He was scared to tell you what he really wanted, maybe he was just using you, or he has someone else but doesn't want to tell you. Some people are funny that way. They want a "FRIEND" that they can go sleep with whenever things go bad in their own relationships. I allways hear of men and women who are friends becoming intimate and nothing else. There is all kinds of relationships, not sure what your guy friend really wants since he is now texting. It seems like he getting further from you.

Best Answer

Men usually want to remain friends to have someone they can call or text and talk about things they wouldn't share with the guys. It's a one way street sometimes where you are there for him in all ways as he continues to hunt for what he thinks will be his mate. jmo

Best Answer

Because he still likes you, he just doesn't want a relationship with you anymore.

Best Answer

Because he doesn't want you to go all crazy on him. If you agree to be friends, its like a slower breakup instead of breaking up immediately, which is more likely cause you to create havoc with him or seek revenge. It's like that line in Office Space that they fire people on Fridays because there's less of a chance of an 'incident' that way.

Best Answer

i dated Roy for three weeks and we dissided to be friends...y not its that or agnore each other for the rest of your life.

Best Answer