A woman aged 36 years died when she caught a cold, she got over it eventually but she had a persistent cough for weeks but felt generally healthy. Then suddenly she had a coughing fit that caused suffocation. The same happened to a man aged 24 years, he contracted a cold, then a few days later got a coughing fit that ended in the same way, suffocation. I take steroids for asthma and I get colds often I also have asthma but I never cough myself to death. so what happened here?
Lynonne Lynonne 22-25, F 5 Answers Feb 11, 2013 in Health

Google it

Best Answer

is it because you don't take medications properly ? doesn't eat healthy fruits rich in vit. C?

Best Answer

I had asthma once after getting over a cold and the pain would hit me so hard I felt like throwing myself down on the floor. After a more than a month of coughing I relented and visited a doctor, who wanted to put me on steroids and I refused because among other reasons I saw what they did to my beloved cat (kidney problems, diabetes & a tumor)...I had to take a round of antibiotics and use natural medicines to help with the asthma. There were times when asthma fits will feel like a boa constrictor is wrapping itself around me squeezing the air from my lungs, it set me in a near-panic state which only makes it worse.

Best Answer

that doesn't answer why the common cold virus caused fatal coughing fits suddenly in these people. : /

Best Answer

I almost always start coughing as I heal up the last couple of days from a common cold. I think it has something to do with an immune response. You have to have air to live, when the bronchial tubes are swollen there is little room for air, there's times I've gasped and it seemed like my airways were only allowing a tiny flow of air, should be about an inch or so of airway and it felt like maybe the size of a drinking straw. I get cold water and drink it as quickly as possible (the only time I'll drink from a public fountain) and also keep a tin of Altoid mints with me for first aid, the menthol helps to reduce the swelling. I

Best Answer

all respiritory viruses affect asthma. i am asking why the cold virus caused fatal coughing fits (suddenly) in these two people i mention.

Best Answer

Immune response, it is not the same in everyone.

Best Answer