And yet, I do. I can not be the only one who does. There are even books about the desolate, forgotten places in my state, Kansas. I think it has something to do with life still existing in these places even after humans have abandoned them. What do you think?
TheSquirrel TheSquirrel 46-50, M 18 Answers Sep 12, 2012 in Travel

There is something facinating about those parts of history that seem to have fallen through the cracks of time.

Best Answer

I cannot look at these places - or even a rotting old house - ancient - without seeing it in my mind as once might have been - the day it's first occupants stepped inside - and wonder about the stories it could tell of it's now gone life

Best Answer

Yes. That is the creepiest part, yet I can not help myself.

Best Answer

I don't really find the thought creepy at all - everything is connected - past present and future - and all the affects twisted together - time and actions arranged

Best Answer

I love that stuff! I love anything related to history though. I love to think about the people who walked where I'm walking or the people buried under my feet. It's also usually really peaceful in old cemeteries. Oh and the monuments are so fascinating. I live close to a great one that has stuff from as far back as the late 1700s. It's seen several war casualties and there's a big hill with a single monument dedicated to the thousands of yellow fever victims that they had to just bury in a mass grave because so many lives were lost so fast.<br />
Yeah, I get a little excited.

Best Answer

I am attracted to those places because of the serene silence. It is a calming experience to walk through an old cemetery. I like to look at the headstones and try to imagine if I knew them or if they were family.. not in a sick way but just to try to understand human life before mine. I think it is fascinating and beautiful.

Best Answer

Walking through a deserted and abandoned house,building, mine or town I get a feeling of the people that lived and worked there. It something I've always loved doing.

Best Answer

I love exploring abandoned buildings. It's dangerous, dirty, and usually you find some cool stuff.

Best Answer

I know, but it is so much fun. When my entire glandular system was intact, I could tell you some things about the people who had been there, too. Not quite the receiver I once was.

Best Answer

...........Sure you could.

Best Answer

Zing!

Best Answer

My thoughts are that I have to believe that in some way we are all gone but not forgotten. There is a spiritual realm that exists and if we take the time to find peace in the darkest places then we will rest in peace or live in our spiritual realm with others that are like us.

Best Answer

I love em!! When I go home my father and I always walk the grave yards and talk its my favorite part of the trip ..I also love the photos I find on the net and would love to go see them...Its like time stopped

Best Answer

I've visited old historical places such as cemeteries,churches etc.Its usually fun to visit them & creepy because I believe in the paranormal = D

Best Answer

because they are a bit creepy and fascinating

Best Answer

I am with you guys too- you're not alone.

Best Answer

They are a part of history and and can be very interesting to learn about and also for me If I can metal detect the property. I'm in hunting heaven ( Cemetaries not included.. They are a Big NO NO )

Best Answer

Why not

Best Answer

Those places indirectly put us too where we are now. Hard too turn a blind eye too that

Best Answer