Why is my son so suborn? My husband gets drunk and abusive. That is because he has the alcoholic decease of addiction. Las time my son visited my husband got drunk and said horrible things. Now my son will not come to visit. I don't understand why he does not understand that my husband is sick. and forgive him. My son is destroying our family. He should close an eye, apologize, and pretend nothing happened. Who has more brain should use it. what is your point of view?
pistacchia pistacchia 46-50, F 14 Answers Aug 26, 2014 in Parenting & Family

As I said before, you are taking the side of your drunkard abusive husband. YOU SON IS NOT THE DRUNK!!!!! You are an enabler of the worst kind. Who has more brain? It sure isn't you or your drunkard husband. You do not deserve to have a relationship with your son with your attitude.

Best Answer

She had another post a bit before this one. She did not like the replies, so she tried again. I agree with your assessment 100%, she and her husband are both ill.

Best Answer

He Is using it, he's Staying Away from the shiitt, too bad U don't have the brains your Son does

Best Answer

Well said.

Best Answer

Would you close an eye to a loved one having cancer? Oh it's unpleasant so I will imagine flowers and candy tumors instead. My father was is a recovering alcoholic and addict for the last 15 years. As much as I love my dad, it left me with plenty of emotional scares and I was frequently scared of him when I was younger. Do not blame your son, it may be illness but he is not the one ignoring it. You are.

Best Answer

But would you forgive someone with cancer? it's the same thing...

Best Answer

NOT EVEN REMOTELY. Cancer is involuntary. Drinking is a voluntary action. YOU are one sick person.

Best Answer

No, you can make a conscious choice to get help for it. I have known my dad since I was three. He has been sober for the last 15 years. It was very difficult for him and I understand it can be compulsive but it is not impossible to quit. You cannot allow him to think it is ok. What he is doing will destroy your family unless by some miracle. Ma'am, my family suffered through it. I urge you strongly to get your entire family help before it is too late. Your son didn't pour that first drink down his throat did he? Or the last? Do not blame him. Please.

Best Answer

OmG pistacchia, you're a Fvcking Ret@rd, comparing Alcoholism with Cancer?

Best Answer

Tony, she's a Completely Lossed Cause

Best Answer

alcoholism may be incurable, drinking is curable

Best Answer

Your son realizes that your husband is toxic. He does not want to be influenced by that, and he therefore, stays away from him. ABSOLUTELY his right to do. If you want to deal with it, fine. Sounds to me like your husband should be in a program for alcohol abuse. And you sound like an enabler.

Best Answer

Why is he so stuborn? It's genetic

Best Answer

Because, he doesn't see my husband drinking as a hillness. My husband is hill. Why is my son shaking it? Why is he not closing an eye?

Best Answer

Better question, how do you Keep spelling the same word Wrong?

Best Answer

Wrong your husband is... It might be a disease but it's no excuse for abuseing people... It doesn't take away punishment if you break the law either... Oh and an alcoholic parent is reason enough to place kids outside of the family

Best Answer

More brains does not mean that you dont have a heart that does not feel hurt

Best Answer

A person became addicted into something because they chose it. They chose to drink and then they have no will anymore to control it when to stop. My father is addicted also to alcohol and he died because of it. Alcohol destroyed his liver.And i hate to see my father like that ruining himself. You said that ur husband is sick yes that is alcoholism then why not help him to stop instead of forcing your son to accept an addiction.

Best Answer