Possibly, satisfaction from the attention; if they can annoy someone enough to be blocked, in their minds, it's better than being insignificant enough to be ignored.

Best Answer

Now, that makes the most sense I have heard. Thanks. It has been puzzling me.

Best Answer

In my mind, ignoring is passive, blocking is aggressive.

Best Answer

Yes. At least I know where I stand.

Best Answer

Really? I don't feel the need for that. If I write a couple of letters to someone and they don't respond, I simply go away and don't bother them again. I don't want to be blocked. I just don't bother that person anymore.

Best Answer

Freedom of speech just means the government can't censor you, but it in no way means that others can't criticize you for your beliefs

Best Answer

I haven't seen anyone on here talk about wanting to be blocked instead of ignored, most people I see complain when they are blocked. Ignored too. I'm not really sure what the difference would be between the two?

Best Answer

It was an earlier question someone asked. The person wanted to know why someone wouldn't block them instead of not responding to mail he or she was sending. It made no sense to me. I just wondered why anyone would feel that way.

Best Answer

Ooh I see..probably for most people it starts out as an ignore and then when the person doesn't get the hint and won't leave them alone then they block. The asker probably wasn't getting the hint and decided to try to call them out instead of asking them in a PM?

Best Answer

strange i love to be ignored

Best Answer

Too bad Keith. Most of us like you and don't want to ignore you. You are stuck with us.

Best Answer

Some people probably just prefer the more direct approach, I guess...and some people think the worst thing you can do is ignore them.

Best Answer

I'd prefer to be ignored. Blocking feels like a smack. Ignoring is just a passive way of saying please go away and don't bother me. So, I do.

Best Answer

For closure maybe.

Best Answer

Maybe. Except, that it doesn't make sense to me. I don't feel that need. I am satisfied to just leave people alone if they seem to want be left alone. I know, well enough if someone doesn't want to talk to me, so I don't talk to them.

Best Answer