Ilovepepsi Ilovepepsi 36-40, F 11 Answers May 20, 2012

Alcohol does that to some people. It doesn't mean he doesn't love you, only that he's an alcoholic and hasn't reached the bottom yet. You'd do well to let him go or, suffer a lot of abuse waiting for him to see the light.

Best Answer

This rock bottom people talk about.. Does it really exsist? I don't want to wish the worse on him, but why does he hurt the person who cares for him? :(

Best Answer

It has to exsist for him to go through what is necessary for him to get sober and stay that way. You're setting yourself up for many months of pain and disappointments if you stay with him. If this is a new relationship, the best advise I can give you is to get out now.I am an alcoholic and speak to you as someone who knows what he still has to go through. I've been sober ffor 26 years. butterflystouch, below, also tells you what you need to do if you choose to stay with him.

Best Answer

We were together for 2 years.. Then I broke it off w him... He came back 6 months later and said he stop drinking. We were together for 2 then out if the blue he text me-- leaving work--going to drink w my buddies.. That was the beginning if the end. He does not contact me now.. He acts like it was all my fault... When he had stop drinking he picked up gambling.. Now he's an alcoholic gambler.. Why do I miss him? Silly silly me. Saw him sitting at the blackjack table two weeks ago-- I turn and ran... Hope he didn't see me.

Best Answer

this will happen because this person has a addiction

Best Answer

Sadly he doesn't think he has a problem.

Best Answer

It could be because you were trying to change him and he didn't like it.

Best Answer

He stop drinking for 2 years and then out of the blue he started drinking again. I think he was hiding his drinking the last two months. :( so betrayed. We were talking marriage.

Best Answer

That's what happens with drugs and alcohol. I am sure it was meant at the time but they cannot control the addiction. You can only try and see if they are ready to give it up forever or move on.

Best Answer

He told me he won't stop drinking... Then two months later-- out if the blue-- I got the I stop drinking email..

Best Answer

Well, recovery is a long process. He has to be committed and it's hard to do it alone. You have to make sure you are not getting hurt in the process.

Best Answer

Some people will say whatever they need to say to get what they want. Could be that the person even believes it at the time. Words are always much easier and cheaper for most than actions. It's all about choice, and whatever such people want to believe or justify at the time. <br />
I'm sorry if that was a personal experience for you.

Best Answer

Thanks Vessa. Sadly it is me--the last 6 months have been he'll. Why can't o move on like he did. Why is it so hard for me to accept things snd move on... :(

Best Answer

If you loved him, it will take time for your feelings to heal a bit and to deal with reality. I'm not sure why they are so painfully slow to respond. I got "dumped" over two years ago, and I'm still finding myself missing him and thinking about him. But it's better, much better, than it was. Have patience with yourself. Mourn if you need to. Time will help.

Best Answer

man can only put up with it for so long.. 2 yrs b4 i snapped. no more. ta ta , bye bye, adios, toodles. get better soon

Best Answer

Sadly.. He left me.. He was sober for 2 years.. Then out of the blue... I don't love you anymore ect ect... I think he was drinking in secret...

Best Answer

screw him. better things to do then watch some a$$hat drown emselves... soldier on

Best Answer

Trying ... Trying very hard... He emailed me two months ago-- I stop drinking and so maybe you were the problem.

Best Answer

with comments like that is he worth knowing. lashing out at his own mistakes.. pity your not an Auzzie . i can go out without drinking ;). seen enough to give it a miss

Best Answer