http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1339315/President-Obama-snubbed-sources-reveal-invited-Prince-Williams-wedding.html I know, it's daily mail gossip, you shouldn't believe everything you read etc., If it is true, why do you think he's not invited. Please keep it neighborly and no inflammatory baiting. Just give your thoughts and explain your reasoning. I would love to hear the p.o.v. from a UK or commonwealth resident.
laughinkatt laughinkatt 31-35, F 7 Answers Dec 18, 2010

No idea -- except maybe it's more for the royals and the British? Without knowing who WAS invited, I can't say. Or maybe they're just afraid he'll bring a tacky present?

Best Answer

Good point about the present. The article says that some foreign heads of state will be invited. Maybe it's just for European/continental heads of state.

Best Answer

The more V.I.Ps. You invite the more of a terrorist target you create in one place. (England).

Best Answer

So sadly true in these times.

Best Answer

England and the United States have been working at building a strong relation ship for years so the US President would get an invitation. I would bet that it’s just a rumor to sell daily papers and I wouldn’t be surprised if the Enquire prints an article saying that Bat Boy will be a secrete guest at the Royal wedding. Cheers!

Best Answer

Why would Obama want to go? or anyone not directly involved with kate and william!<br />
I'm British and I dont want to go or watch it...and why do we have to fund the lavish affair too? It's goin to turn into a media circus, my nana doesn't care either and they live for that stuff!<br />
The UK is a soverign state so its not really that important, the monachy doesn't really rule the country anymore, its not Tudor times now! not two countries uniting through a royal wedding!<br />
A wedding should be intimate between 2 people so we should let them be!

Best Answer

Thanks for your insight. You're right about the wedding ideally being a private affair. Sadly, I don't think privacy is a luxury they'll ever get.

Best Answer

Obama brings to much attention and I believe the wedding itself has enough attention already

Best Answer

Is it payback for Michelle hugging the Queen? I understand that's a no-no.<br />
Here is my guess: He is not the Prince of Wales, so it's not exactly a State wedding, so inviting all kinds of heads of state is not necessary. In my lifetime, I can't remember any Presidents getting invited to any other royals' weddings with the possible exeption of Charles who is the Prince of Wales. If his father or grandmother died tomorrow, and William got that promotion, the list might expand quite a bit.

Best Answer

I know protocol says not to hug royals, but she she looks so warm and makes you think of your granny.

Best Answer

Who really cares

Best Answer