Why are males excused more so than females from being adults and taking on responsibilities? In every sense of the word.
AndThatsTaken AndThatsTaken 36-40, F 11 Answers Jun 27 in Dating & Relationships

i don't think that's true. guys have more of a responsibility of keeping their emotions more hidden from women. I've seen much more work coming from men and keeping up to expectations then women. (Not hating on either gender group)

Best Answer

I don't think males should always keep their emotions so hidden... causes problems.

Best Answer

agreed. i think men could still be strong and know how to talk about their own emotions.

Best Answer

Agree with that, too.

Best Answer

They aren't.<br />
Society promotes such an image..but men stress about things, worry about responsibilities etc., just as much as women..in some cases more, in some cases less.

Best Answer

Agreed.

Best Answer

it is widely accepted that girls grow up and become women, and men never grow up, they still act like boys and hold onto t heir boyish fantasies. I don't think, however, that men are excused from taking responsibilities. I only think, and think about this carefully, that when a man does not do something, there is always a woman willing to do it for him, so why should he bother.

Best Answer

Best Answer

I don't think men are excused more from being adults and such, I think that there are simply so many bad apples in the bunch that people have come to expect that behavior from men, and so they're desensitized to it. You don't often hear of women acting that way (at least, I haven't), so it hasn't gotten to the point where people expect that from them.<br />
Any guy who doesn't man up and act his age, in every sense of the word, isn't mature enough to handle any relationship or responsibility, and are simply not worth the effort, if at all avoidable.

Best Answer

Interesting you say that... noted! .... and I challenge you to think about the "bad apples" in the group of the female realm...

Best Answer

I think it goes both ways, depending on the circumstance (what's being done). I feel that anyone who lacks the maturity necessary to act like an adult, probably isn't worth the time and effort to someone who does act like an adult. A lack of maturity, from either side I suppose, can and often does lead to problems in the relationship, especially when there are responsibilities involved (whatever they may be).
Sometimes, being an adult means we have to give up what we want to do, in favor of our responsibilities, whether it's as a parent, or for our jobs, or for our significant others (though I should hope that being a parent and paying attention to your significant other are things that you want to do, which leads back to the conversation lol). Some people don't reach that level of maturity, but I like to think that most do (I've heard of a lot of people that don't, personally).

Best Answer

It CAN go both ways... imo... males and females both can be immature or mature.

Best Answer

Agreed.

Best Answer

Because we as males are the dominant ones between the genders. Its human nature, who went out to get food while the females would stay at home preparing supper in the hunter gatherer days? Humans now a days don't know how to be the human animal

Best Answer

I can kind of agree with that... but not completely.

Best Answer

Which part do you not agree with?

Best Answer

The part about how things are TODAY. It's both who have to be the "hunter 'n gatherer" and some don't understand what is what anymore, it seems...

Best Answer

I can agree, culture has changed over time, but in a negative way in my opinion.

Best Answer

Are we?.......I need to move to where you live

Best Answer

*I* want to move to where I live!

Best Answer

Come on down to the land Down under- Australia

Best Answer

Oh My! I so wish I could! lol

Best Answer

...I'll wrassle some gators, ey?

Best Answer

if you have a death wish, lol

Best Answer

i don't think we are. a big part of being a man is being responsible

Best Answer

Eh...yeah

Best Answer

A consequence of feminism.

Best Answer

Explain further of that, please....

Best Answer

Feminism has empowered women while at the same time devaluing the contribution of men to the family unit. Men are the butt of jokes (see Homer Simpson and Peter Griffin). They are portrayed as buffoons, less than useless. Since this is a de facto absolution from responsibility and expectation, like any group, men have made the most of it to shirk responsibility and remain juveniles well into middle age if not to the grave itself.

Best Answer

So you mean that males actually hate the depiction of Homer and Peter just as much as I do???? ARGH! I can't stand those two characters which makes me less likely to watch those shows....

Best Answer

What about Al on Married With Children?

Best Answer

Oh, yes, I, for one, despise it.

Best Answer

Al too.

Best Answer

I've never seen males as they are depicted on any of those shows. Really irritates me. And "American Dad"...oh my. Is it really that way?

Best Answer

....BUT, the part about taking responsibility in 'some' certain instances makes me wonder...

Best Answer

What does it make you wonder?

Best Answer

Well, the parts of home up-keep in the sense of general cleaning... such as, toilets, etc. The part of being involved in the child's educational matters, emotional matters, social matters, so on....

Best Answer

...I really don't understand "Feminism," so to say.... but I've been hearing a lot about it!

Best Answer

In my home I clean the bathroom because my wife hates it. I also wash my own clothes and do most of the cooking. Women have to hold men to account in the home. It would be nice though if pop culture gave them some help.

Best Answer

Feminism is a term with many meanings. Its hard to nail it down. There is the aspect of gender equality with which I'm in complete agreement. And then there is the anti male element which angers me.

Best Answer

I've learned that Feminism has many meanings. I do not consider myself as Feminist but I've been called that in a negative manner, not sure why. I'm surely not "anit-male"...not by far!

Best Answer

Many men are very defensive and will use feminist as an insult to strong, independent women.

Best Answer

Sometimes I think that may be true. It's seemed to be a very sketchy arena...

Best Answer

Extremely controversial. There are strong emotions involved. It can be difficult to have a discussion of the topic.

Best Answer