What? SO this marginally researched data ba<x>se is not avalaible today. I'll use Urban Dictionary. Thanks for the heads up

Best Answer

I love Wiki, sue it heaps for research due to reliability, academic rigour, ethics and quality.

Best Answer

I heard that a number of sites might shut down for a period of time in protest of the law before the US Congress. I think it's called SOPA.

Best Answer

Yes thats what I read, I dont live in the USA, so I dont fully understand the reason

Best Answer

Me either, except it's something to do with the government having the right to shut down sites if someone posts copyright material on them. Example--you post a copyrighted video on Youtube, under this law Youtube would be responsible and could be fined or shut down by the government for copyright infringement. At least that's the way I understand it.

Best Answer

well that sucks!

Best Answer

There are other sites down as well...in an effort to rebel against censorship on the net.

Best Answer

Thanks for letting me know

Best Answer

Actually not censorship, but it's supposed to be aimed at copyright theft.

Best Answer

I read into it differently. I'll have to re-read.

Best Answer

Yes the English language Wiki is down for 24hrs in protest at the draft legislation in front of US congress.

Best Answer