Because I'm thinking of flipping burgers. Lol
Justified00 Justified00 22-25, M 20 Answers Mar 18, 2012

Nothing ensures anything. But if you get a college degree you will be able to prove to employers that you are able to stick to something and complete it. That is very important in today's world where people have a very short attention span. Companies want dedicated employees who will follow up and follow through on the work assigned to them. You will make contacts in college that you wouldn't have made elsewhere. Some of my good friends are college professors. I met them while I was in school and we have been friends ever since. Plus instructors appreciate adult students because we are more likely to be serious about our studies. Normally, we are juggling family, job and school so we want to get it done so we can get a better job.

Best Answer

indeed., maybe I'll just wait for the motivation to push through my studies. but for now I will loosen up a bit, enjoy my days and relax . haha

Best Answer

It doesn't mean S-h-i-t. Unless you a) know someone to get you in a good position. b) is a needed field like: nursing, taxes, death, or teaching, c) come from a family with money so you can start your own business. If none of these apply then you are wasting your time and money.

Best Answer

wait, wat? death is a needed field?

Best Answer

funeral homes. Mortician. I don't know if there is a "degree" for that but it will always be needed.

Best Answer

oh. I'll just look for another field, thank u.

Best Answer

No. But it could help to stack the odds in your favor.

Best Answer

Not really, but it helps. But burgers are ok too. Whatever makes you happy.

Best Answer

ow, i love burgers. haha

Best Answer

Haha, go for it. Im a diner cook and I love it.

Best Answer

No. I have a degree, doesn't mean jack.

Best Answer

exactly y i love burgers.

Best Answer

Doctor

Best Answer

Not always but it helps.

Best Answer

There are no guarantees.<br />
Many college degrees are worthless -- or, actually, worse than worthless. <br />
If you were in charge of hiring new employees, would you hire someone who accumulated $90,000 in student debt to get a BA in Gender Studies? They have already proved that they are totally incompetent.<br />
If you are smart enough -- and hard-working enough -- to get a degree in a STEM major with high grades and also have track record of work or other achievement, then a college degree should pay off for you.<br />
If you do not have the interest or ability, then skip the BA or BS and look into a vocational program or a two year degree leading to certification in some field that you enjoy and are good in. You can always pick up college credits later on to fill the gap between an associate degree and a bachelor degree if it becomes important for advancement in your career.<br />
Unless your family has the money or you have a really good scholarship or aid deal, you should consider getting your first one or two years in at your local community college. It will save a lot of money and, if you choose courses wisely and work hard, you will be able to transfer into a four year school to finish your degree. (And, again, I would suggest you consider a public college rather than a private college because of costs. Avoid saddling yourself with debt.)

Best Answer

No, the ability ensures more, people can buy college degree too.

Best Answer

Not in my country......... I knew someone with a bachelor degree in Law works as a driver. He used to carry his paperworks in/out offices without succeed. Maybe it's just 'luck' he (or anyone) needed!

Best Answer

too bad. :(

Best Answer

It doesn't ensure a job anymore, but it definitely works in your favor. There are many jobs where you can wing it without a degree but there are also many (I'm thinking the sciences) where you would need one. Why not do the burger flipping while going to school?

Best Answer

but those related to science means more money, more success, right?

Best Answer

Generally speaking, yes. Especially if you are in a very specialized field.

Best Answer

Errr no. No shame in Burger flipping.

Best Answer

i always thought that. haha

Best Answer