It's fair to say that you and I view this the same way. While I'm very pleased Corbyn is leader because it'll pull Labour back towards a genuine opposition party, it comes with huge costs (such as the lost of a cohesive voting bloc while that transition comes about). I noticed that it's bringing out some quite right-wing sentiments in some Labour politicians. Perhaps more right wing than they'd have admitted to with a different leader.

Best Answer

If we had a PR voting system then the split would probably have happened some time ago but while we have FPTP, Labour represent the only block that could potentially beat the Conservatives in the next decade (if we are optimistic). So the party will stay and the civil war must happen. It will be long and ugly but the divisions between Corbyn + membership vrs PLP are just too great.

Best Answer

Agree again. FPTP doesn't lead to a representative group of politicians, and what are they there for if not to represent us and the way we voted? And yes, I don't see that Corbyn's position is tenable, but I still like the fact that he's the leader. He won't radically change the politics of the PLP but any change he does effect will be in the correct direction.

Best Answer

I re-joined the Labour party and Momentum are trying to democratise things. This is not easy and apparatchiks like to keep their jobs thank you very much but at least there is some hope for change now and that did not exist before Corbyn. All the best.

Best Answer

It would probably have just gone through on the nod without Jeremy Corbin. If he wants to achieve anything as leader he obviously needs to slow down when entering a cul de sac.

Best Answer

hi Burnley123
Is like The Charge of The Light Brigade! Hurrah!
Best wishes
:)

Best Answer

LOL. I'm really shy about my political opinions, honest. :-)

Best Answer

hi Burnley123
Democracy demands opinions
Best wishes
:)

Best Answer

Never mind the Syrian deaths, most of those IS ******** have drifted into Europe with all the other wasters disguised as immigrants because of the open border policy !!

Best Answer

Sorry but more people have died in Syria than in Paris and I do care about Syrian deaths. They are human beings even if they do have a different religion and skin complexion.

Best Answer

They have been eachother for years , so a few more bombs won't make a blind bit of difference !!

Best Answer
Best Answer