I had mild strokes (often called migraines, a term I like to avoid, as it is common misconception that they are headaches when in reality, they are a form of stroke that can be life threatening also, including risking disability) from ages 10-13. Unsure if coincidence, but these strokes occured nearly every month, affecting my vision and speech, to the point I couldn't even write and got minor paralysis in my right arm. At the same time I was taking daily doses of Risperdal. I'm wondering if this will ever happen again because I am terrified. Young people like me should not be having to fear having another stroke every day.
WhiteWaIIn WhiteWaIIn 18-21, M 7 Answers Dec 9, 2012 in Health

I sincerely pray to the GOD for your miraculous and total recovery from your health problem.

Best Answer

Thank you..I have aspirations in my life and I can't afford to lose any more cognitive ability. It's gave me ADHD symptoms too, when I don't even have ADHD. I can no longer concentrate or learn as quickly as I used to.

Best Answer

I didn't know what the medication was, my parents said I needed it (severe anxiety/depression) I didn't know it was affiliated with strokes and I'm asking if it caused them. Because I would like to know if there's a possibility they could come back.

Best Answer

I'm off Risperdal now. Been off it for 5 years.

Best Answer

1. Be bold and brave.
2. Develop self confidence.
3. Have some deviation from other serious works for log time.
4. Read some good books
5. Spend most of time with those who can appreciate your deeds. I am sure you will be alright. You will not get strokes again. You will be alright.

Best Answer

Thanks for BA

Best Answer

No one can predict that.

Best Answer

Hope not :-) x

Best Answer