Fishin4Life Fishin4Life 41-45, M 15 Answers Dec 17, 2012 in Community

No. There is no way to "fix" the "gun issue", and gun control is a political catastrophe for the Democratic party, in addition to the fact that the Republicans control the house for the next two years. Give it a couple weeks for the news networks to find something else to talk about and for the rational among us to recall both that America's murder rate has fallen continuously for two decades in the face of liberalization of gun laws and that "mass shootings" constitute a tiny percentage of America's overall murder rate.

Best Answer

Children die every day. More kids that week (and every week after) died in America as a result of something so mundane as child abuse. Where's the "national conversation" about that? Also, you assume that the "assault weapons" ban you advocate would've stopped Sandy Hook. That same ban did nothing to stop Columbine, nor would anything else short of totally disarming America's civilian population (even then, it's not certain), which is impossible.

Best Answer

This is true but are you aware that the CT shooting and the CO shooting are indirectly linked to each other and both directly linked to the government? Both fathers were expert witnesses and supposed to testify before congress on the LIBOR trials.

Best Answer

I don't think it's a gun issue, personally, I think there is so much mental illness out there that goes untreated,and unacknowledged. Taking guns away wouldn't stop people from doing unspeakable things to others. But it would leave many, many people defenseless.

Best Answer

Taking guns away would prevent people from using them to murder others. And people don't need guns for defence in a society that doesn't have any.

Best Answer

no guns no shootings

Best Answer

So would you have the police and military back to fighting with spears? Many illegal guns are stolen from armories.

Best Answer

What?? I think I would be able to better defend myself from a knife wielding intruder in the middle if the night! Lol, being shot is not the only bad thing that can happen to a person. What about rape? I would certainly want to shoot THAT ba$tard.....

Best Answer

Who says the government could find them all. The only ones they would get are the ones owned legally by law abiding citizens. You don't really think the criminals are going to turn them in. As to depending on law enforcement to protect us, that's a dumb idea. They respond to crimes, they can't always be there to prevent them. The Lord helps those who help themselves.

Best Answer

Obama can't do a damn thing as long as the Republicans control the House......But public pressure on House Repubs to change 2 things might work.....1st) Assault weapons should not be protected by the 2nd Amendment; and a new assault weapons ban might well be coming up.for a vote soon....2) Close the loophole that allows gun shows to sell guns with no background checks.

Best Answer

obama wont do a damn thing, and its was a shocking embarrassment he had the hide to show up in that town at all. how low some ppl go to get their pic taken

Best Answer

what support is he going to give that he promised. these ppl will never see his a$$ again after that ceremony... not turn these poor ppls into a media show is what he should have done...

Best Answer

The reality is guns are here to stay because too many citizens like their guns and if the government tries to take them away bad things are going to happen. This is not a scenario where it is up to one group or another to force their opinion on everyone else. Instead the questions need to be asked of everyone Why do you want guns banned and why don't people want them banned. If safety is the key issue than we should come up with a realistic solution to that. I wrote a story called gun control. Most of my thoughts are in the commentary with another person.

Best Answer

I find it exceedingly offensive for Odumbo to use tragedy to push his political agendas. Its a time to grieve, not a time to push politics.

In 1775 the army tried to take arms away from the American people. It didn't work out well for them. Many Americans still feel the same. And many men in the Army do too. Starting a war against the people is not a smart move by any government.

Best Answer

It's not up to Obama to introdice new laws. That's a function of the legislative branch. He can advocate for them, though. He will probably make the push, after all he's learned that you should never let a crisis go to waste. He's nothing if not a political opportunist.

Best Answer

I believe that is what someone wants to do, they are trying to outrage the people with these atrocities to try and disarm the people of america, America are in a unique position while armed to become a militia against martial law being imposed illegally in america.

In my opinion, no pun intended, america should stick to their guns.

Best Answer

It seems unlikely. America has a powerful gun lobby as you know, and the right to carry a gun is enshrined in the constitution. Also, regulating firearms hasn't historically been a vote winning policy.

I'm sure Obama would like to change things, but he'd like to do a lot of things that ain't going to happen.

Best Answer

well shoot the gun lobbiest's

Best Answer

I would shoot all the lobbyists, no one would miss them.

Best Answer

How about destroy all guns?

Best Answer

Good idea...

Best Answer

i agree

Best Answer

... I wouldn't be surprised if people start an uprising if that happens. You know how those red necks and patriots are with their guns. But I don't think he will introduce any gun laws.

Best Answer