I don't know what you expect to hear or what you are looking for but I have been in a locked mental hospital, given massive doses of powerful medication , seen psychiatrists and therapists for 30 years. I have been to mental health clinics , disabled vocational services , been in day programs, lived in residential treatment homes, board & care homes. On the other hand I have been almost steadily employed for 25 years albeit mostly part-time jobs , some full time. I am about three or four classes away from my two year degree. I live in an apartment by myself , I own and drive my own car. I mostly take care of myself. I do get help but who doesn't at some point in their lives ? Most of the services I received were satisfactory. you run into, good doctors and bad doctors just like in any profession.

Best Answer

what i am expectedand wanting is to try and put together peoples interactions with mental health services and thier views
thanks mike

Best Answer

I have had good and bad experiences ,but all in all they led me toward recovery..I think getting good people around me was critical..It took some time to reach a proper diagnoses and i think there is a danger in workers trying to lable you

Best Answer

diagnosis can be a huge problem in its time scale
thanks mike

Best Answer

my young child is bipolar. He is so sweet and kind and tortured and unhappy. then happy, then Charlie-Sheenish. Then crashes to the depths again. He was 8. He is now 12. He is on 5 different medications. But he is stable, and normal. He told me last week on vacation, that he was on vacation for the first time in his life because he is finally not manic, not depressed, but content. He said, "Like Mom, I finally get what you do on vacation. You do what you want, and it's nice. It's my first vacation, Mom... it is.."<br />
Medicines work, but you can't give up trying. He's been on so many things, different doses, combos, therapies. And he's better. Not just happy, just normal. I feel like I just adopted a 12 year old son. Like I have my baby back, but just grown up. Medical communities care and can really help. So can medicine, but keep trying new ones.... they will help eventually

Best Answer

i hope it is still going well
thanks mike

Best Answer

UK NHS services.<br />
I was utterly terrified of going there and waited until i had no choice. <br />
But i had no reason to be the people i talked to were just good people no judgement no control i wasnt treated like an ob<x>ject with a defect.<br />
Just likable people giving advice and useful advice too.

Best Answer

thank you and i think the perception of mental health services is a big issue but i am pleased your fears in your case where groundless
thanks mike

Best Answer