flipper1966 flipper1966 56-60, M 13 Answers May 10, 2012

He'll hurt himself a bit with hispanics - a group actually widely opposed to gay marriage.

Best Answer

Yes, with hispanics AND blacks - both groups pretty widely opposed.

Best Answer

And yet the love to talk about how the GOP is at fault on this issue.

Best Answer

I don't think it will hurt him. I think he is mirroring the sentiments of a lot of people in the US at basically the same pace. If you had asked me the gay marriage question when I was 20 I probably would have recited some passage from the bible. America is changing and pulling away from religion and we want what is right according to common sense and not according to the bible. If he has been struggling because of his religious beliefs, he has done well choosing in favor of justice.

Best Answer

I would bet his team has done the research,and wound out it will in some way help him. If not he wouldn't have done it. You know ALL Politicians say only what they think will help them. Anything to FOOL the people.

Best Answer

All he said was that he personally believes it should be allowed. He didn't propose anything. He said it's still up to individual states. *shrug* He's not pushing an agenda, although the far right is claiming he's declared "war on marriage," despite the fact that many of them respected the sanctity of their own marriages enough to end them repeatedly. I personally think anyone who's losing their mind over the gay marriage issue should be equally incensed by frivolous heterosexual marriage. The gay people who are going to be getting married are 9 times out of 10 older couples who've been together for many years in the face of opposition anyway, and are much more likely to be stable and stay together, which is good for societies and economies.

But to answer the question, I don't think it will hurt him with votes. The fundamentalists who are freaking out weren't going to vote for him anyway, and he may have regained some of the younger population. Plus he's running against Romney who believes that marriage is between a man and a woman and a woman and a woman and a woman and a woman. ; )

Best Answer

Funny how it took him 4 years, until re-election time to endorse gay marriage, but not quite as long to back military families, I think that only took him 2 years! Talk about on the ball!

Best Answer

Don't know and don't really care. I'm a Canadian. I'm more concerned about the Prime Minister.

Best Answer

Is there gay marriage in Canada?

Best Answer

Yes, that and the fact that he sucks.

Best Answer