skylar007 skylar007 26-30 6 Answers Mar 5, 2012

I read a story about testosterone last night. A guy who was 30 went to a naturopath because he had an issue with his balls and found that his testosterone levels were lightly lower than they should be. She recommended vitamin supplements and told him to eat certain foods that will gently bring his testosterone levels back to normal.

Rather than doing what she recommended, he went straight to the doctor who gave him a testosterone shot and he continued to get shots for about 8 months but then stopped due to the terrible mood swings and strange things that were happening to his body (not just muscle growth, when you increase your testosterone, your body produces more estrogen (female hormone) to balance the testosterone out, causing breast growth and weight gain.)

So he stopped taking the testosterone shots and his balls -the very thing that he was trying to fix in the first place, completely shrunk and he was left infertile and once the testosterone disappeared from his body, the estrogen that his body was naturally producing stayed. Now he is left infertile and having sever problems with his body becoming more feminine. The whole point of the testosterone shots were to fix his balls and the shots ended up destroying them and made him look more like a woman.

The poor guy was only 30 and was too young for hormone replacement therapy. If he stuck to eating certain foods and taking vitamin supplements like the woman recommended, then he would have increased his testosterone levels naturally and gently, avoiding the rise in estrogen in his body. This poor guy was probably ready to have kids and that is why he got his balls checked in the first place. Now he is left infertile and woman-like. His body will continue to produce estrogen, even without the testosterone shots.

My point is, if you are over 60 then you might need hormone replacement therapy and a testosterone shot might be okay. Get a second opinion though. However if you are only young then you don't need testosterone shots and they will destroy your body and eventually do the exact opposite to the result that you want. Do you want breasts and shrunken balls? Yes? Then by all means, go have your shot.

If you want to increase your testosterone the natural way, then look up foods that increase testosterone. Vitamin supplements will gently increase testosterone too, without increasing estrogen levels. No, they don't work the same as a shot from your doctor but I see that as a good thing.

Best Answer

that sounds like a bollocks urban myth that makes little to no sense.

Best Answer

Just repeating what I read. It is a well-known fact that when you increase your testosterone levels, your estrogen levels will increase too. You can't deny that. Whether your estrogen levels stay high after the testosterone decreases, I am not sure but I believe the story whole heartedly because it was on a well known and respected naturopath site that I frequent regularly. I don't see how the story makes no sense. The story makes sense to me and my writing is coherent. Maybe you should try reading it again, a little slower this time :-P

Best Answer

The question is? Are you trans? If you are, message me and I will give you the valid answers. I know woman that are taking testosterone, as well as men that are taking hormones and estrogen! ME! The point is don't do things on your own! Follow what a Doctor says, unless your life is so UN-important......

Best Answer

Ask a doctor before you do anything

Best Answer

I don't know. I do know that testosterone should be regulated by a doctor. If you're trans and need assistance do a google search for supportive groups in your community. You don't want adverse health effects.

Best Answer

stores dont sell testosterone. It is a controlled drug that you need a prescription for.

Best Answer