I am an insomniac. I take enough xanax (my prescription) to get full, and then drink a glass of wine. I don't want to go out like Ana Nicole. How dangerous is this? Really, not enough xanax to get full, but 8 or so mg's.
SolSkinn SolSkinn 31-35 12 Answers Sep 3, 2009

8 mg. ? did you say 8?? honey, you are overdosing big time. not enough to kill you by any means, but you must have built up a tolerance. that much should knock out a buffalow. adding wine potentiates it. the most you should ever take is 1 mg. every 4 hours. if you aren't having blackouts on it, you will. <br />
there are prescription sleeping pills that work better than xanax. Restoril is a benzodiazapine like xanax, only it's made for sleep. with your tolerance, it probably won't work unless you stop the xanax and go a month or more without and don'y use any kind of benzo. BTW, don't stop suddenly. titrate yourself down slowly. you're a seizure risk if you don't.<br />
do i sound like a know it all? he he. i guess i am!

Best Answer

Alprazolam's(Xanax, Niravam) active ingredient is a benzodiazepine. Drinking alcohol whilst on this medication is very dangerous, can cause cirrhosis of the liver. Also the effect of alcohol is increased strongly. If used for more than a week, or in high doses, can be fatal.

Best Answer

Poo poo...what your doing IS a lot, but ONE glass of wine? You people are all wimps! It won't kill you. I'm not saying it's GOOD for you, either, but that wasn't the question.

Best Answer

Any prescription that says "Do Not Take With Alchohal" means "Have a drink for a really good time".... but I gather you already know this or you wouldn't have asked this to shock all these poor people... Personally I'd say 2 percocets and a six-pack is about right but I'll keep Xanax in mind if I ever run across any

Best Answer

Sure will.

Best Answer

Not advisable! Have a joint instead.

Best Answer

That's like asking if playing Russian Roulette with<br />
a loaded gun will kill you.

Best Answer

VERY DANGEROUS!!<br />
You could die more quickly from drinking with xanax than if you took 30 xanax by themselves. DO NOT MIX DRUGS or MIX DRUGS WITH ALCOHOL EVER EVER!!!!

Best Answer

Mixing booze and psychotropic drugs is always a bad idea.

Best Answer

Probably not the wisest thing to do, to take too many. You could overdose. There's no guarantee you'll die, but there's not guarantee you won't. Be careful.

Best Answer

I wouldn't be messing with any amounts of xanax...<br />
What do you mean by full?<br />
Why would you want to die, or have to have your stomach pumped...<br />
Is a very not good idea, please don't do this...

Best Answer