flipper1966 flipper1966 56-60, M 12 Answers Nov 14, 2012 in Politics

We need to hit bottom and people need to know that government won't save them

Best Answer

I hope the R

epublicans hold out for what is right and no water it down like the dems would like.

Best Answer

I am pretty much hoping for a fiscal cliff, the sooner the world goes to hell the better as it completely validates my wasting my life.

Best Answer

Couldn't agree more!!

Best Answer

We are two peas in a pod you and I.

Best Answer

The 'fiscal cliff' isn't like, on Jan 2nd the economy collapses. It starts a slow bleed that will turn into a major problem if not addressed.

That said, I have no clue what's going to happen.

Best Answer

Democrats and Republicans agree???? What alternate universe do you live in? Can I go there too? Pleeeeease!

Best Answer

I'm from a planet in a distant galaxy.

Best Answer

they've gotta agree on something or there'll be a frickin rebellion...maybe there shoud be.

Best Answer

Neither side wants to avoid the cliff. The republicans want to raise taxes on the middle class and the democrats say they don't but know they have to. Right now the government is preforming a dance for all of us to watch. Nothing will be done.

Best Answer

While it's true that the Republicans want to raise taxes on the middle class, it is not true that the Democrats "don't but know they have to"...The deal Obama made with the Republicans allows the Bush tax cuts to remain in place for those earning less than $400,000.

Best Answer

1 of my last 2 questions was what bipartisan deal is most likely

CBN update

Obama Tackles Jobs, Fiscal Cliff amid Libya Controversy

By Jennifer Wishon

CBN News White House Correspondent Thursday, November 15, 2012RSSPodcasts Print 1 Comment(s)

embed:

The latest version of Adobe Flash Player is required to watch this video. Please click on the link below to download the latest version. Thanks!

Ad Feedback Despite a sex scandal involving former CIA Director David Petraeus and lingering unanswered questions about the 9/11 Benghazi attack , President Obama spend most of his first post-re-election news conference talking about the economy and jobs.

Speaking to reporters in the White House East Room Wednesday, the president talked of his plans to raise taxes on wealth Americans in his second term.

"What I have told leaders privately as well as publicly is that we cannot afford to extend the Bush tax cuts for the wealthy," Obama said.

He went on address the so-called "fiscal cliff," which is scheduled to kick in at the end of the year.

"What we can do is make sure that middle class taxes don't go up," he said.

The president also offered his ideas to finally get the economy moving again.

And so the most important step we can take right now, and, I think, the foundation for a deal that helps the economy, creates jobs, gives consumers certainty, which means gives businesses confidence that they're going to have consumers during the holiday season, is if we right away say 98 percent of Americans are not going to see their taxes go up; 97 percent of small businesses are not going to see their taxes go up," the president said.

"If we get that in place," he continued, "we are actually removing half of the fiscal cliff. Half of the danger to our economy is removed by that single step.

The president's critics took issue with his claims, pointing out that an even bigger economic threat is looming: Obamacare.

They say even the Supreme Court ruled that his healthcare law will raise taxes on many average Americans once it kicks in.

After the press conference the president met with business leaders. His goal is to get the business community on board to pressure Congress to allow the Bush tax cuts to expire on America's top earners.

Best Answer

I listened to 0bama's speech today and heard the same old thing, his Idea of compromise is the republicans cave and do what he wants, he is unwilling to meet in the middle. I hope the republicans stick to their guns and hold his feet to the fire as we go over the cliff.

Best Answer

Lololol....as if they'll ever agree.

Best Answer

I like the idea of the rebellion we the people is now politicians asking what they can get out of us now.

Best Answer