It's sad that there is this perception that the stores HAVE to be open on Thanksgiving Day or for that matter open early the day after Thanksgiving. GREED, GREED and more GREED on both sides ... sellers AND buyers ... it's not like the merchandise that is on the shelves at the close of the day on Wednesday will suddenly vanish on Thursday and in the early morning hours of Friday after Thanksgiving ... But places like Walmart, Kmart and Target know how to reach the ba<x>ser instincts of most people ... Me you won't see in a freaking box store until some mid afternoon Wednesday into December when things simmer down a bit

Best Answer

Funny you mention this. I am advocating boycotting those hours completely (on FB and G+) so stores loose money by being open for nothing and don't make them work next year.

Best Answer

Yes, Target has a 50" television for $350 and GF gets a 10% employee discount but it's a Thursday-only sale, so I'm being forced to not only shop on Thanksgiving but to wait in line, outside in the cold, before the store opens at 9 p.m. on Thanksgiving! I'm beginning to wonder if the $200 savings is worth it.

Best Answer

Likely shopping at them at some point. But definitely not shopping on Thanksgiving.

Best Answer

How can you tell which ones are forced and which ones actually want holiday pay?<br />
My parents used to jump at the opportunity to work on a holiday.

Best Answer

Walmart doesn't give workers a choice. I didn't hear one person say that they volunteered.

Best Answer

you should shop online like at www.giftsformygf.com

Best Answer