I worked at a Walmart store last year and was forced to work on Thanksgiving for the first time in my life. I have since moved on to another job.
CherokeePatti CherokeePatti 56-60, F 12 Answers Nov 16, 2012 in Hobbies

I will not shop at stores not giving a rat''s *** about their employees' holiday plans.

Best Answer

It's sad that there is this perception that the stores HAVE to be open on Thanksgiving Day or for that matter open early the day after Thanksgiving. GREED, GREED and more GREED on both sides ... sellers AND buyers ... it's not like the merchandise that is on the shelves at the close of the day on Wednesday will suddenly vanish on Thursday and in the early morning hours of Friday after Thanksgiving ... But places like Walmart, Kmart and Target know how to reach the ba<x>ser instincts of most people ... Me you won't see in a freaking box store until some mid afternoon Wednesday into December when things simmer down a bit

Best Answer

Funny you mention this. I am advocating boycotting those hours completely (on FB and G+) so stores loose money by being open for nothing and don't make them work next year.

Best Answer

Yes, Target has a 50" television for $350 and GF gets a 10% employee discount but it's a Thursday-only sale, so I'm being forced to not only shop on Thanksgiving but to wait in line, outside in the cold, before the store opens at 9 p.m. on Thanksgiving! I'm beginning to wonder if the $200 savings is worth it.

Best Answer

You gave up holiday pay for a meal you could have anytime? Are you retarded?

Best Answer

Well what the hell is holiday pay .. yeah you get the day off pay you were told you get plus your regular wages ... I worked a holiday one time and was told I'd get double pay that day ... when told that I expected my hourly wage to be doubled that day PLUS the holiday pay ... get my pay check that day all I got was my regular pay plus the day off pay that was promised ... told my employer to shove it next time holiday was "required"

Best Answer

Sucks to be you but I get time and a half for any holiday I work. You lazy dinks go eat your turkey. I'll make more money and have leftovers lol

Best Answer

They have the nerve to cut hours the next few weeks even though we are having more customers, so it wasn't like I had a big wad of extra cash for working that day.

Best Answer

That sucks. But that's Wal-Mart for you. Treat their employees like crap so they can get people into the store to buy something that might cost 3 cents less than another place. And people fall for it and say they love the place. I think those are the retards actually.

Best Answer

Likely shopping at them at some point. But definitely not shopping on Thanksgiving.

Best Answer

I always work holidays. Holidays mean nothing to me because I have no family. I don't see the big deal.

Best Answer

How can you tell which ones are forced and which ones actually want holiday pay?<br />
My parents used to jump at the opportunity to work on a holiday.

Best Answer

Walmart doesn't give workers a choice. I didn't hear one person say that they volunteered.

Best Answer

you should shop online like at www.giftsformygf.com

Best Answer