It seems to be kind of a bludge...
petiterebel petiterebel 18-21, F 17 Answers Jan 29, 2013 in Community

where did you want to go?

Best Answer

I'm not doing philosophy. I'm just curious, as to what the philosophers on here do :)

Best Answer

I studied philosophy 20 years ago. Have I got somewhere in life? Depends where you're standing and looking at it from I guess!

Best Answer

where is anywhere and is getting more than reaching why do coconuts hurt when they fall on your head and surely nature could have straightened out the banana isnt it odd that god is dog backwards and finally never bite a cosmologist or a rotton cucumber.

Best Answer

i can see you in public parks with bunch of hippies.

Best Answer

Maybe. It all depends on a person's life; if philosophy has any similar outcome or effect..

Best Answer

Well, not really, but when you are a philosopher you can talk about how that depends on the perspective and the true meaning of "anywhere".

Best Answer

They seem like such deep creatures.

Best Answer

It's seems like it has an end in itself. You learn it just so you can teach it to others... just like history or theology.

Best Answer

Not if you study it at a college or school. Maybe as a pastime, to improve your mind and all that.

Best Answer

Life*

Best Answer

its lyf*

Best Answer

that's like asking how long is a piece of string - if you master philosophy without getting lost in intellectual vanity you'll do very well, but very few "philosophers" manage that

Best Answer

master might not be the right word actually, but if you are able to honestly grasp and understand the various schools, and are able to place them in their historical context without judging them, then you will have done something very powerful and you will understand yourself and the world better than most people - but philosophy can be dangerous too - thinking too much can wreck your life, just like anything else

Best Answer

but as Plato said, most philosophers are pretty dissolute and disreputable characters, every dilettante and wannabe subversive calling themselves a philosopher - so i understand why you might think it's a bludge - but done properly, it's as challenging and difficult as pursuing enlightenment

Best Answer

well my nerd name was philosopher ............. hell yeah!!!

Best Answer

I am glad I did. Helped me to sort myself, but if You after reaches and fame, then do not waste your time.

Best Answer