How do i delete or at least stop the start page programs from starting up like bing, ebay, kindle, companion, ebay etcc........i want to free up storage space and start up times.......how do i do it on w8 and what programs would you delete or stop?
DallasCowboysFan DallasCowboysFan 51-55, M 10 Answers Jan 29, 2013 in Science & Technology

Right? I've been dealing with it a few weeks now myself. Grrrr

Best Answer

How do you change it so I don't have to log in with a password everytime I turn the computer on ?

Best Answer

Haha. I have no clue but I haven't tried. I want it to be passworded.

Best Answer

It is irritating but I am learning to navigate it.......it is tougher when you have a new laptop brand with a new keyboard layout and a new OS.........but I am tough......I will survive....lol

Best Answer

Install Windows XP. All other Windows are a worthless piece of cr├Ąp.

Best Answer

I thought it was neat when my son tried it, but he went back to Windows 7

Best Answer

I believe in ufos as well......I think many sightings are honest mistakes.....but there are too many sightings across too many continents for them to be ignored

Best Answer

cant beat apple - windows is crap in comparison!

Best Answer

each to there own ;) personally windows just drives me insane!!

Best Answer

Linux is the way.

Best Answer

never used linux, is there a massive difference?

Best Answer

yeah, but apples are 2,3 more expensive...i only surf the net and email at home

Best Answer

I have heard linux is good for people that are tech savvy and like to customize, I like things that are simple.

Best Answer

i am a terror for breaking computers...the mac is the only one i havent busted! lol my house is like a laptop graveyard!!

Best Answer

lol...me too, i dont do technology..probably hence why i am so good at breaking computers! lol

Best Answer

I don't break them ........well..i broke a desktop when I tried to upgrade some ram and did not unplug it.....and then fried the whole computer........i guess that counts as a casualty...........but w8 is way different than w7 and vista........it is like learning a foreign language....and i have ever done well with those either..lol

Best Answer

Mac OS is very similar to Linux. But with Linux you actually control everything that is going on.

Best Answer

Looks like I will be sticking to Windows 7 for now O_O.

Best Answer

maybe you should wait for w9

Best Answer

So why's you do it? Why didn't you listen to everyone?

Best Answer

I had to replace my 6 year old computer that I am currently typing on........that has VISTA. The screen is going caddywonkers and the computer is beginning to fail me.
Do you know how to go to the start menu like in the old OS and find defrag, clean disc, ......I obviously dont need it today if my comp is only a few hours old, but I was thinking about it and I can't figure out how to get there

Best Answer

as guess some people are a glutton for punishment.....I am going to apply for ss disability if it gets more frustrating........PTSD resulting from W8........lolol

Best Answer