guitarjammer guitarjammer 22-25, M 12 Answers Feb 8, 2013 in Community

Ahhhh, it makes me so sad to hear all these fine young ladies and young men to have to deal with depression. These young people are our future. Is life treating them so badly ? I never heard of so many young people depressed. What are we doing that is causing this ? Is it in the water, food ? Life is too darn short for this to happen. Do get the help you need so that your frown can be turned upside down for a bright future to see. HUGS

Best Answer

No the reason teenagers and young adults of today feel depressed a lot is a totally different reason. The reason is TV and Social Media. TV causes such high stimulants in the mind that even a simple good day seems like complete crap to a young person of today.

Best Answer

There are no amount of words someone could say to make you come back out of the darkness. Words don't matter anymore. Positivity becomes almost annoying. Waking up becomes a chore, if not painful in itself. Every word, promise, thought, "emotion", expression, every breathe becomes only what can be described as empty. Depression can't be explained really. Only experienced and hopefully survived. Then again, "hope" is another one of those meaningless words.

Best Answer

i'm not sure whether people are tested for being depressed, but what you described i seem to feel the same towards. DO you think i have depression?

Best Answer

Only you could really know. i hope not though. i'm here if you want to talk.

Best Answer

My son is like this and he won't take meds for it. He is ultra rapid bipolar. These days he is cycling like you describe up and down through out the day. He says that he embraces the depression and feels weird when he is not depressed.

Best Answer

Depression can become "normalized". When I started anti-depressants and had been on them a couple weeks (long enough for them to start working), I was at a restaurant and felt a strange feeling come over me. I picked up my glass and smelled it bcause I thought perhaps it was am alcoholic beverage... then I realized it was a happy feeling that I was feeling. It had completely freaked me out because it was so foreign to me. I had thought I was happy enough... it was a surprise to feel actually happy. Check out GLUTEN sensitivity, it was found to be the cause of my mother's lifelong battle with "bi-polar", and the cause of my depression.
Doctor Oz has done a lot of research, perhaps you can start there.

Best Answer

I know what you mean, you keep having these terrible days waiting for a good one to come along then you finally realize it doesn't get any better and eventually just go numb to it all, right down into the pit of suicide lane... Don't let it get to you, you can make it man.

Best Answer

HEY... Please look into Gluten and it's effects on the body. I was previously on anti-depression medication until I realized it was gluten in my diet that made me feel foggy-headed and depressed. There are many many symptom associated with gluten sensitivity, and estimates show one in ten people have an issue with gluten and do not know it.

My friend just told me that Doctor Oz has a lot of info on it at his website... that may be a good place to start.

I have been off depression meds (and gluten found in wheat, barley and rye) for 4 months now and I feel AWESOME!!

Best Answer

By the way... I had a Guinness (made with barley, opps!) night before last, and woke up yesterday depressed and irritated, and bloated too. opps...lol. But at least I know why, and don't think I'm just crazy.

Best Answer

What are you sad about?

Best Answer

If depressed people knew why they were sad we would fix it...but we don't always know why that's what's so bad we can't be happy it's like physically impossible for some reason.

Best Answer

I do get depressed but they are moments. I live alone and I miss being loved and held. I simply can't right now seek out anyone. So I wait and dream and hope to get through tomorrow.

It's all about one day at a time. Don't look at next week. It's too far in the future to even consider.

Best Answer

there's no bad bad days for me, only worse days, even no the worst days.

Best Answer

I'm sorry you feel that way. Are you getting any help for it?

Best Answer

Yeah tell me about it!!! But you have to make an effort to find some sense to life

Best Answer