ShyDi ShyDi 36-40 25 Answers May 27, 2009

i don't think it matters where you live, there is always going to be a risk of SOMEthing happening. where i live is mostly ok...we have the risk of tornadoes every now and then and earthquakes (which was pretty dormant until last year lol but the risk is big should the fault line move). i'd like to live on the coast but...then you risk hurricanes and who knows what else so...yeah...something everywhere you go lol

Best Answer

on outer edges of the continents facing the ocean, because that is where most of these occurences are prevalent.

Best Answer

I wouldn't live any nearer to Yellowstone than Ohio with the mega volcano it harbors.

Best Answer

I have lived in hurricane, earthquake and tornado areas and I rather live in a hurricane area in a BRICK (or concrete) house. A wood house really makes no sense whatsoever in a hurricane area. It gets wet and rots, but with a concrete structure the more you lose is furniture, but you never lose your house. <br />
Why I prefer hurricane? Because you know DAYS in advance it is coming. You have plenty of time to save your life and secure your property. With a tornado you have minutes/seconds to literally run for your life and that is just too awful, stressful and the less time you have to prepare for a disaster... the more it could hit you unexpectedly on the wrong place and you are lost. With a volcano or earthquake you have NO time at all.

Best Answer

Did you forget <br />
1/.BUSHFIRES<br />
2'.Floods<br />
3/.Meteor Showers?

Best Answer

well lets see...i live 30 min from a volcano, theres LOTS of earthquakes here, so whats left!? definitely not in tornado areas :P

Best Answer

According to the American Red Cross, the safest state to live in, so far as natural disaster statistics go, is North Dakota. But then, you have to live in North Dakota... :-)

Best Answer

I live in the midwest...Tornadoes are pretty common....but, I have a basement...<br />
I would not live in California, or on the coasts....(too hot, besides the hurricanes and earthquakes)...I'd live in Hawaii, it's worth risking a volcano erupting...haha

Best Answer

I would not want to live near bigots and misogynists and other assorted neanderthals.

Best Answer

I lived on the largest earthquake fault line in the states for 28 years. Now? I live where it is cold in the month of May. <br />
Give me the quakes!

Best Answer

Right where I am. There are no volcanos, very little risk of an earthquake, no possible chance of a hurricane and very low risk of a Tornado.

Best Answer

Come to New Jersey. Nothing happens in here. You'll be safe, but bored.

Best Answer

there are places where none of these are expected to happend. <br />
anyway if have to avoind just one of them, i would stay away from volcanoes. all the others are ok, can survive them if prepared.

Best Answer

I've lived in San Francisco (earthquakes), Vancouver Washington where I could clearly see Mt St Helens from my home (Volcano), and now Illinois (Tornadoes). I think that no matter where one chooses to live there is a risk of one thing or another, why spend your life worring? Just live!

Best Answer

Done tornados and hurricanes so those are off my list

Best Answer

I can handle hurricanes... been there/ done that, so I guess the other ones are off my list of scenic places to live.

Best Answer

I would not want to live near any of those things!! My particular city seems to be in some sort of bubble.Everything happens around us but never to us.The trade off is awful winters.To stay alive with my kids and my possesions,I take the cold!

Best Answer