flipper1966 flipper1966 56-60, M 11 Answers Nov 11, 2012 in Politics

They can become a State if they wanted to now.

Best Answer

Right- and they remain a commonwealth to avoid paying income tax

Best Answer

I was under the impression that they voted "yes" on becoming a state last week.

Best Answer

They did

Best Answer

I know, I was trying to be diplomatic.

Best Answer

I thought they should have been a state decades ago

Best Answer

They've voted to become one, but that will take congressional approval. They should remain a commonwealth and enjoy the benefits. I'm thinking a move there would be good, then I don't have to pay income thievery tax.

Best Answer

omg that would be awesome if they did but i dont know why they not already a state tho

Best Answer

No. But, why don't we just put all the latin nations together in one big "bowl" because after all, all "latins" are the same and they all want to be Americans, right?

Best Answer

Yep, I knew Spanish would come in handy one day.

Best Answer

It depends who votes for it. The residents of P.R. or the Congress. Due to the great benefits that they get and the tax breaks, I am not sure they (P.R.) would want to do this.

Best Answer

No. They get an amazingly good deal as a protectorate. Plus, I think they have something resembling a national identity. I think Hawaiians would like to go back to the good old days.

Best Answer

No

Best Answer