I think it might adversely affect male soldiering skills, and behavior in combat situations, but I say if a woman want's to be in the infantry or artillery, let them.
puck61 puck61 51-55, M 25 Answers Jan 24, 2013 in Hobbies

Women have been fighting for equality for a long long long time. Now we have it. So, what now? Start fighting for inequality?

Best Answer

Woman are pretty good at fighting. The second-in-command (so to speak) in my martial art system is a woman.

Best Answer

I'm a veteran, and a practitioner of martial arts.
The two are not the same.

Best Answer

No, they aren't. But it takes a lot of inner strength to be in combat, and women have it in them to learn self-disicpline as good as any man.

Best Answer

*discipline

Best Answer

Sure, that's true.
But the battlefield is about far, far more than discipline. It will **** up your head in ways that most people can't even begin to understand.
This is a bad idea. Men and women are not the same. Equal value, as both are living breathing humans, but not equal truly.
Mixing men and women on the battlefield has NEVER worked, throughout history.
This will end badly.

Best Answer

I think all wars ends badly. As a vet I'm certain you can confirm that being male doesn't make you exempt from mental scarring. The difference would be we will see women whose heads are screwed up.

Best Answer

Horrible, awful decision.

Best Answer

Get them all adjusted to have PMS at the same time. They'd be unstoppable.

Best Answer

Now THAT is funny!

Best Answer

We are supposed to be protecting our women, its a sad day when we put then in harm's way. I know they are screaming for equality. but women are very precious and should always be protected. not put on the front line of a war. this is my opinion. Hare Krishna

Best Answer

A woman can shoot a gun as well as a man.

Best Answer

That is a very small fraction of what Infantry is about.

Best Answer

I guess they aren't recruiting enough men.

Best Answer

I can't believe there is a debate/discussion about this. I absolutely believe they should be in the infantry.

Best Answer

It's not the women that's the problem. It's going to screw the guys heads up. Women make men act irrationally in normal situations, how much more in a combat environment?

Best Answer

If they can't handle it, perhaps they shouldn't be in the military.

Best Answer

Tag and bag them. It's been long overdue. Send them to the front lines without choice just the same as the men. They joined let them fight the same. The hell with special privilege.

Best Answer

We need "affirmative action" on front line duty until the historic disparity in body bags is equalized.

Best Answer

Thats right open the draft back up to and draft the feminnazi's first for once

Best Answer

The misandrist media is all over this announcement like stink on ****. They blather on that females "will have to meet the same physical requirements." But they LIE! Females in the military have NEVER met the same physical requirements and in fact cannot meet the same physical requirements. Having females on a combat team will place more burden on men and get more men killed because the females cannot and will not carry their load.

I would support an all female army corps (WAC with hardware, trucks, etc., sized for females, without reliance on men to do their work. WAC units could be sent to the front to fight and die until we have historic parity in body bags.

Best Answer

Yes, Sapphire, in WW II, the Russian army claimed many German females as spoils of war. Females have always been spoils of war from the most primitive tribes to the most modern armies. It allows females to survive while the men get killed.

Best Answer

Actually women have already been used in combat missions. In Afghanistan and Iraq, women have served as foot soldiers during door-to-door operations and they have been involved in convoy escort missions, but like I said in the details, it will affect the way the men think and act.

Best Answer

In Iraq and Afghanistan the role of females in door to door was primarily to deal with female Muslims who take offense to being searched by strange men. Females also did logistics, etc.
I would have no problems if the females have a Women's Army Corps with tactics, equipment, vehicles, etc., sized for an average female body. Send them to the front.

Best Answer

As a women myself I would not want the burden nor the responsibility of having to take someones life in the line of duty. I think it would weigh too heavily on me. Now do not get me wrong if I had to protect me or mine or if our country was attacked I have 2 guns I would pick up and I would defend my self against the enemy and I would do my best to make sure that they would be dead quick, fast and in a hurry.

Best Answer

Don't know about other women, only know about my own feelings. yes, i could march along side others to fight a battle, fight for what I feel is right, watching the back of those I fight with. Not all men can go to war... guess the same with a women.

Best Answer

Not too keen on the idea. I wouldn't want my little girl out there on the battle field. It would worry me sick. Maybe I'm out of date but I think support roles are ok, even combat positions on ships or planes, but not on the ground. It's wrong.

Best Answer

I'm all for it if it would make the politicians think before starting the next war . Frankly I'm appalled at the amount of rapes happening in our armed forces . This is an issue that needs to be address .

Best Answer

Yeah the Israelis tried it once and the casualties became astronomical both physical and psychological. If you want to **** up a unit of guys put a woman in it and get her killed.

Best Answer

l'm probably going to get a lot of flack for my answer, but I think that women in combat is probably one Of the stupidest ideas ever concocted.

1. Physical fighting does not come naturally to women; my sons however, chewed their toast into shapes of guns when they were 3.

2. Under duress and when immersed in the middle of a battle, how does a woman suppress her natural need to be protected? How does a male soldier suppress his natural need to protect a woman?

3. while mom and dad are both out fighting in a war, who is holding down the homefront? The KIDS? The bsbysitter?

Let us not forget that the hand that rocks the cradle rules the world....

Best Answer

I don't think you'll catch to much flack for this., but just in case you should wear a flack jacket. Good points.

Best Answer

Thanks Puck. I am now fully flack jacketed...

Best Answer

It said in the news 5300 troups are going to lose their jobs. Are they re-hiring now or what ?

Best Answer

No. They are simply going to allow females to assume combat roles

Best Answer

lol if they want to be all killing people..... I don't know it's wrong for anyone to be in a war thinking it's helpful....... it's not but still like I don't want anyone I know killing someone, no matter what they did just killing another living thing is not right it's like but it is I want to kill every texting service and every ringing thing that's unneeded to be ringing. Like those songs with ringing and zaps and pings.

Best Answer