Shaun225 Shaun225 22-25, M 22 Answers Aug 29, 2012 in EP

They're full of ****.

Best Answer

No. But looks for women get squeezed into a bugger matrix that includes masculinity, dominance, money, etc.

Best Answer

Everything matters. What women who say "looks" don't matter probably means is that they themselves are not attracted to the typical socially acceptable idea of what an attractive man is. <br />
I fall into that category by the way. Looks matter to me, but not because I like "hot" guys. Just that some features are more attractive to me than others.. and also that looks aren't the most important thing on my list of qualities I look for in a man.

Best Answer

So if you met a man that owns his own home, is responsible enough to have custody of his son, has a steady income, a great sense of humor, a middle of the road self esteem, and is confident in himself, yet has a medical condition in which is overweight, balding, and wheezes when he breathes, would you date him? Would you dare to make first contact? If he were sitting next to a starving artist with an Adonis body, who would you rather have come talk to you and ask you to accompany to dinner?

Best Answer

Yes.

Best Answer

Well good looks don't have the same influence to women to the same degree it has to men. Most women get attracted to a broader range of qualities, rather than just the physical attributes and would only go into a sexual relationship or any relationship if they value a lot more than the looks of the person. On the opposite hand men would jump into bed with the first pair of good looking boobs. If the pair of good looking boobs happens to be acceptable enough as a person, they'll dive into a relationship for the sake of physical satisfaction only, ignoring the fact there can be a sensitive soul between the pair of boobs. <br />
So to answer your question, it's not that looks don't matter, but a woman is hardly tempted into having a relationship on the basis of just a good looking face and a pair of muscles without personality.

Best Answer

C'mon, some looks can give certain people an eyesore. We're from all walks of life, not everyone is attractive to the same people. Either they're lying through their teeth or their own look falls below average.

Best Answer

They matter... at first at least... but once your in love with someone its not that big a deal anymore... But initially yes i hate to break it looks matter and medical science has proved it...

Best Answer

Looks don't matter, until they do. Then it's a deal-breaker.

Best Answer

Its a yes/no answer, Looks matter on first sight; But when you know someone and you get to like them, an average or plan looking person gets better an better looking as you get to love the real person.

Best Answer

ye$$, of cour$$se

Best Answer

Looks matter to men and women. My wife has very distinct likes and dislikes with mens looks,( she likes my looks!),but what she considers ugly, she would rather be alone than be with them.

Best Answer

Before you get to know somebody, looks are all you got. They do matter and decide whether you get to know someone or not, unless the situation forces you to get to know them anyways.

Best Answer

That is so shallow though

Best Answer

In deed it is. Sadly I've never seen or heard anyone saying: "Mhh, he is not pretty, but I'm gonna start flirting with him now, because he might be a wonderful person on the inside." In fact I notice myself not thinking that way. At least everybody has a different definition of beauty or a certain fetish.

Best Answer

looks do matter there has to be some kind of physical attraction

Best Answer

No. Looks dont matter after you get to know someone, but before you get to know them, they do matter.

Best Answer

Really? Looks only matter for first impressions? When you actually get to know someone for who they are looks don't matter? Bullshit. Every woman I have ever met has lied about. Looks are more important to women than they want to believe is true. Women are more shallow than most men, actually. The biggest difference is that men don't deny being shallow, women lie about it, and my guess is so that they don't feel so bad about themselves.

Best Answer

Not all of us say this.<br />
I know looks matter to me, but my overall comfort with someone is the most important thing.

Best Answer