My husband said his past girlfriends HATED it when he played his Xbox and he said that they said it was because when he plays the Xbox, he is not spending time with them. He also says he's glad that I don't mind. I like video games too and it doesn't bother me when he plays. He still spends time with me and Xbox is his way of de-stressing. Plus, I like watching him play some games, like Fall out three, because they have interesting story lines and I'll play my 3DS or fiddle around on my computer and watch him and we'll talk while he is playing. And we do stuff when he isn't playing. So I just don't understand why it bothers some women.
juliegirl22 juliegirl22 22-25, F 17 Answers Apr 29, 2013 in Marriage

More like it bothers non-players. I'm a player and it would never bother me.

Best Answer

Cool

Best Answer

It's fine as long as it doesn't interfere with quality time and doesn't become an addiction. My BF plays everyday too, 1-5 hours per day. But If we have something to do or if i need "me" time, he wouldn't play. And he never neglects housework, chores or errands. It's all about priorities and moderation.

Best Answer

Sounds like my hubby.

Best Answer

It never bothered me, I used to play too.

Best Answer

I agree with BrideofKain.

I have played video games since the age of three.

Best Answer

You're lucky. My mom loved video games too and when I was little, I wanted to play but she was selfish and wouldn't let me.

Best Answer

No I'm so not. It's because of this I am crutched. Nowadays I have no damn future, and though this has nothing to do with it, it is wrongfully and sinfully blamed, as well as other insignificant bullsh-it.

Best Answer

I have always had a job outside the house. My husband just recently got a part-time job which right now is fulltime for a period. Before getting this job when I got home he would have Facebook open on one monitor and his online game on another. Before I would leave for work or the day before he would tell me he would do this or that, but they would not be done. That did not happen everyday. I would only be upset if I knew he poorly managed his time.

Now I have told him that I don't mind him playing but help around the house a little. I like to read so I tell him to get on his games when I do.

Best Answer

My husband is good with getting stuff done. When I worked at Walmart in Loss Prevention, if he was off and I was working on a particular day, he would sometimes say, "I will clean the house," and it would be clean when I got home. So I don't mind because he does what he says he'll do. Has yours started helping around the house more now?

Best Answer

Yes he does help out. He has stopped playing online games. He has a lot on his plate now with a job and remodeling the house.

Best Answer

sounds like he knows how to balance time with you..... my ex didn't know how and spent all his time on online games talking with other people so that we didn't even have a relationship anymore.

Best Answer

Let me guess, it was World of Warcraft. I've heard people get strangely addicted to the game, at the cost of people around them. Don't know why tho.

Best Answer

you sure hit that right on the head! lol

Best Answer

I totally agree with you. I don't understand either. I'm even worse when it comes to videogames than my husband is.

Best Answer

Do you fight with him as to who's turn it is to play on the xbox360/PS3/computer?

Best Answer

Not really.. we have 2 computers (1 computer and one crappy laptop but still) and several handheld consolls as well as different consolls for the TV so we usually get along

Best Answer

Well thats good. We only have one Xbox, and my husband doesn't really do computer games, so I kicked him off the Xbox for a bit one day when I first got Sim 3!

Best Answer

I have all my Sims3 games on the PC ^^

Best Answer

because women will complicate the simplest of things...so good on ya for letting him play with his xbox....even though it sounds gay

Best Answer

How does it sound gay?

Best Answer

It doesn't bother me. So long as he's not glued to the screen when he's with me it's none of my business.

Best Answer

It doesn't bother me...(even as a pretty much non gamer)...until he starts yelling and cursing about the game or other players. It. Is. A. Game. Beyond that we have a small child and I would rather he didn't hear that kind of attitude and language coming from daddy (even if the kiddo is supposed to be sleeping, you never know what they hear).

So, don't scream and curse at the game...act like a grown up...and you can play as much as you want.

Best Answer

It all depends on how much he's playing.

I don't mind if my husband plays for an hour in the evening to de-stress from the day, that's healthy.

I have my set of activities I do by myself without him, I run, go to the gym, martial arts classes, etc. IMHO, my activities are more healthy,

but that's a whole different topic. As long as I don't leave him all by himself all evening ... he doesn't seem to mind either.

I am willing to even spot him a little extra time if he just bought a new game and he's really into it.

When he starts playing for hours and hours on end, I get a bit annoyed. Fortunately he doesn't do that often.

All in all, some solitary down time is healthy for both of us. It's just a matter of keeping it perspective and keeping it healthy.

Best Answer

You only let him play for an hour?

Best Answer

And I'll add ... I don't sit there with a stopwatch on my husband either ... If I'm busy doing something I like and he's playing games ... that's fine ... we all need some time to ourselves. If I'm sitting there and would like some simple companionship or to do something with him, my threshold can be a lot less than an hour. He's really not too bad either. It's rare that he's on it enough to really get me annoyed.

Best Answer

because video games are for losers who lack imagination, have poor hygene, have a clutter around their "play area", refuse to go anywhere or do anything (sometimes refusing to go work or school) because they are so caught up in the game, because they don't help with the chores around the house, because they don't get any excercise and hence are overweight.. the list goes on and on

Best Answer

I hope you're being sarcastic/ironic.

Best Answer

Really? My husband is very imaginitive, has very good hygiene, does not have a cluttered play area, still goes places and does stuff with me, goes to work, helps with chores around the house, and gets exercise and looks great. You can't stereotype videogamers as all being fat slobs who hide in the house twenty four seven.

Best Answer