I didn't realize that a sex-change enabled a person to still have the genitals of their former gender. In any case, it's my opinion that anyone capable of getting pregnant ought to be able to do so.

Best Answer

This is Thomas Beatie, right? They have two children now. It's making people question and rethink "What is a family." Which I think should be re-evaluated instead of judged or prohibited. First of all, the long process of changing a gender has a lot of psychological testing. So it's not a willy nilly process. The real issue is that there psychologically inept abusive parents having children who are in heterosexual, non transgendered/reassigned relationships. Taking away his rights to have a child does not stop child abuse or dysfunction. It only reflects our feelings about him being pregnant. The rights of the child tends to be ignored when we are approached with something different and not what we think is "normal". Should this person's right to have children be taken away? And "why"? Because we don't think it is right or because we don't think it is normal? They shouldn't have a right to raise a family because? I feel we can address anything to our children and that the problem is we expect the school system to address things that not everyone can agree with. There's the huge debate. As a top priority, mutual respect for differences and respect of life should prevail when approaching difficult situations. The rest are details that should be worked out in a humane and just manner without the quick judgment and hasty conclusions.

Best Answer

of course he should. you can't tell someone they're not "allowed" to get pregnant, anyways- it's his body, and if it works that way, he can do what he wants.

Best Answer

They still have the female organs I think but if they are on hormone therapy can they get pregnant?

Best Answer

jerry...jerry...jerry

Best Answer

I think that people change their birth cert because they believe that they were born the wrong sex and the sex change op just brings them in line with who they really are - so they do not want a reminder of the mistake that occurred when they were born. <br />
If a woman becomes a man then as far as I know they do not remove the inner reproductive organs - so the uterus etc still remains. I don't see anything wrong with a man having a baby - if he has the organs to do so.

Best Answer

well how are they technically a man if they still have their womb -- seems like they would still be a woman

Best Answer