Even with all the promises of anonymity here, I still can't talk about my personal struggles. Let alone in real life. Is that gonna kill me one day.
SuperWomanFly SuperWomanFly 22-25, F 10 Answers Feb 11 in Community

No, it won't kill you, but it may slowly eat away at your self confidence.<br />
I haven't been on this site for long, but I have seen some idiotic, some insane, some creepy comments. But there have also been some genuinely helpful and touching advice.<br />
Like life, I guess, good and bad amongst all of us.<br />
It's just more difficult on-line, because you can't look somebody in the eye. All you can do is check out their posts and go carefully.<br />
I have been lucky, and quickly found somebody special, who I can open up to and who I trust. I hope you find somebody too, but would urge you to look amongst your friends or family first.

Best Answer

take it one day at a time and gradually you may click with some people on here and then feel easier about opening up. there is no rush or time limit to do so. it wont kill you but it could make you sick or cause psychological issues as you get older if you have issues or struggles in life and never tell anyone.

Best Answer

Take baby steps first by simple saying Hello, eventually you will find someone you can talk and trust, someone that you feel comfortable with. And no, it's not going to kill you just have to take one day at the time.

Best Answer

what you have to do is to find a friend whom you are open to then you will get used and be open to millions

Best Answer

I do have a bunch of friends I'm close to, yet I can never speak about myself. :/

Best Answer

probably, if not I might.

Best Answer

Haha. you're a pal.

Best Answer

Put pen to paper and open up through the written word. It can be very therapeutic and completely private.

Best Answer

I've lived a life with nosy intrusive people. :S :p

Best Answer

It is a lonely way to go. Find a 12 step program like Adult Children of Dysfunctional Families or Emotional Health Anonymous. These people are learning to share and support each other IRL. You aren't required to talk unless you want to, but after a couple meetings (they are free) you will be more comfortable. Best to tackle your issues as they come up.

Best Answer