startingpointguard33 startingpointguard33 26-30, M 18 Answers Nov 12, 2012 in Hobbies

A man in front of you may or may not have a gun, you can't tell. His hands are at his front, and it looks as though he's grabbing something. If you get too close, he may shoot you.<br />
That's what that cop is thinking. He's thinking about the safety of himself and the people around him, as well as the safety of the person standing in front of him.<br />
It would also be kinda funny to watch.

Best Answer

I think they would. Protocol is protocol. It would be a funny scene to watch as a bystander....but I wonder how it would turn out if the person did not have any underwear on? Would the officer add indecent exposure to the charge also? That certainly would be funny!

Best Answer

That is actually what made me think of this question.

Best Answer

Well, I hate to be a troll on this question, just I keep reading answers that make me want to respond.
An officer has the right to do anything they feel is necessary so long that they use the minimal amount of force. Should he raise his hand, but leave one down, the officer might feel it alright to tase him. Not because he's being human, but because the officer may or may not feel like he is still a threat.

Best Answer

No they'd tell them to lay down on the floor with hands behind head

Best Answer

ah alright. Wasn't sure. I mean I asked partially because there is a serious aspect to this- how does the cop avoid creating another criminal charge? Good answer.

Best Answer

I mean they could still try to lay another charge but a defense attorney might argue that they didn't have intent

Best Answer

Even more insight. Thanks traveling thinker!

Best Answer

Yes .I've seen it on that show Cops. Several times,I've seen the Guy's Pants Fall down and TRIP them when they were trying to Run away. lol

Best Answer

definitely, thats a chance to humiliate you and cops are on that like flies on shlt!

Best Answer

I think that's like in paragraph three, maybe the fourth sentence...? of the Policing Handbook.
"Any offender caught in an awkward situation shall be used for hilarity, and other such things. If subject refuses to be made fun of, taser the s*** out of him."

Best Answer

Makes it easier too frisk you for weapons

Best Answer

I am pretty sure, given the baggy jeans the kids wear these days... that has been answered.

Best Answer

Sure .. if they think the person is a threat to them. Their pants falling down is their problem.

Best Answer

yep, and they'd make him jump up and down, and once the cuffs are on they'd pull his pants down around his ankles to hobble him and make him march like that

Best Answer

I know a cop personally. He'd do it for a laugh.

Best Answer

Hell yes...they actually enjoy that! I've seen it happen a few times on Cops.<br />
Once I seen them do that IRL to a poor homeless man and he had no shorts on and they walked him like that to the squad car until people started yelling at the cops.

Best Answer

Certainly. <br />
Serves as a convenient way to be sure they won't run off too. <br />
Why don't all these baggy pants gangstas think of that?

Best Answer

Because they don't think in terms of the zombie apocalypse. If they did that, they wouldn't wear anything baggy, unless they conceal bite proof armor, and they would all have buzzed heads and stuff. Seriously, there are some c-r-a-z-y people out there.

Best Answer

I've seen this on cops, hands go up, pants go down

Best Answer