jeeney jeeney 31-35, F 17 Answers Jan 23, 2013 in Marriage

If he's a good man, yes. The abuse statistics for children with step-fathers are sobering though. If I were contemplating a new mate and had a child to look out for, I'd be extra vigilant and make sure the child was aware that he/she was more important than the relationship and they should talk to me about any concerns or issues.

Best Answer

Yes, it is possible. My dad is not my biological father, and I can w/o a doubt say that he loves me more than my 'father' ever did.

Best Answer

yes.....especially if his heart is large.

Best Answer

I would have to say that is completely reliant on how much her own father does. I know that I have two step-children, and I love them and treat them no less than my own children. Their father has nothing to do with them, and doesn't care about them at all. In fact, if you were to put me in a room with their father and tell them to go get daddy, it would be ME that they get, and asking who I was talking to. So, it is very possible.

Best Answer

every one n all species would care for their own children thats very natural but who ever would do so for all the other if God would give me the authority i would put them on the highest rank of universe.my love to you and your kids....

Best Answer

Thank you. I hope that you find that which you seek. Children aren't the only ones who deserve love, or are affected by its lack. I wish there was more I could do for you, other than to offer you my ear to listen, if you ever need someone to talk to.

Best Answer

If he is the right man, then yes....I believe so....

Best Answer

Yes, There are both men and women who can love anothers child as their own. I think it can be difficult the older the child is. The history that is built between them is shortened and can cause the child to be angry or resentful that this person is "taking the place" of their real parent. Compassion is an essential part of this type of situation. If you don't have it, this will never work.

Best Answer

yeah i agree,its not as simple as it sounds theres alot more to it

Best Answer

I think that generally speaking us men are not inclined to care about the child of another man as much as our own. It seems to be an instinct of some kind . However there are exceptions to the norm but they are few and far between. I don't know many divorced women with children who have found another man to love their children. I may be totally wrong, this is just my opinion,:-)

Best Answer

thats my observation too ,generally ordinary men wont do it but it takes a v extra ordinary man to have a heart like that

Best Answer

Yes depending on the man and the child's father

Best Answer

No. There is no substitute for a child's one and only real father. The statistics on child abuse for mother's latest **** are really bad, second only to the child abuse rate of mothers who left the child's father.

Males of other species such as lions, for example, kill the female's cubs from another male so she has time and energy to raise HIS cubs. Men usually aren't that callous, but we usually want to devote our time and energy to OUR own children.

Best Answer

sometimes even better

Best Answer