Eddiecalifornia Eddiecalifornia 22-25, M 9 Answers Jan 16, 2011

The pictures are not inviting, but I have enjoyed the company of the people I have met from there.

Best Answer

A good friend from South America and her partner were studying in Canada and when they finished their degrees, they got offered a business in Iceland. It was a small hostel near some wonderful glaciars. They gave it a go, stayed there for a couple of years and had a great time. They returned to Canada before the crisis started (they were very lucky). Their pictures are simply awesome. I would not move there, though, extremely cold weather is dangerous for my soul!

Best Answer

For me it would greatly depend on the reason why I would move there. For a love or high paying job? Yes. Just to move there out of the blue, randomly? No. I have never been to either places so I don't know what is there.

Best Answer

Depends on what you consider moving for. For a job, yes, there are 3 languages used in Greenland and most of the residents speak it, Danish, the native tongue of which there are two (Inuit and Kalaallisut) 3 dialects of Kalaallisut and english. Most live in Cities, but there is an amazing amount of open land to explore. It is as easy sort of getting used to the daylight, night is a little tougher, for me. The location I was at was about 680 Miles north of the Arctic circle.<br />
Iceland, never been there, but have met several people who where and one who was a native.<br />
either place would take some adjustment for someone used to day night cycles and would probably be less than desirable for someone with a need for night life, clubs, going out, large selection of partners etc.

Best Answer

I did some vitual traveling thru there and Alaska and I would definitely live there .

Best Answer

Iceland looks cool! :-)

Best Answer

anything would be better than here right now

Best Answer

Not from what I've heard of their conservative tendencies

Best Answer