Suix Suix 26-30, F 20 Answers Jun 9, 2012

Not really.. But probably for like a few hours. A whole day is too much..:/

Best Answer

That's a tough one. Most likely too young yet. Other than the issue of legality as mentioned above past that it isn't really about age but about maturity. You can't tell that from a birth date. What I wanted to share was what we did when we did start leaving our son to watch over his four years younger sister. They both knew that she HAD to do anything and everything he told her. WHAT? you ask. Yup The other side was she HAD to tell us anything he asked of her she didn't think he should have. It didn't take long to educate each of them as to what was allowed and why. And we started off with short periods of responsibility when we were at home or nearby. By the time they were old enough to be on their own for any period of time everyone knew the rules expectations and consequences. Maybe we were lucky but we never had a serious issue.

Best Answer

Hell no!

Best Answer

i wouldn't even leave a 10 year old alone all day.<br />
....<br />
in a dire emergency, if i was *TOTALLY* convinced i could trust him (not that i'd ever trust a 10 year old with something important)

Best Answer

No.

Best Answer

I would tend to agree - 10 years is a little too young, For a 5 or 10 min run to the store, MAYBE. Generally 12 or so is time for increasing responsibility, and maybe what about 14 or 15 for those longer trips of half to a whole day?

Best Answer

nope

Best Answer

I wouldn't, but then again I've never been in a position where I would have to make that choice.

Best Answer

nope...you can barely trust a teenager to watch a 10 year old. Hope nothing dangerous happens to those two.

Best Answer

No.

Best Answer

My mother left me home alone for months at a time when i was 11, and I had a 6 year old brother to care for. It sucked, and there were so many things that could have gone wrong. I wouldn't recommend leaving kids that young home alone.

Best Answer

in many states in the US that would be against the law. the sitter needs to be 13 at least (again in the US and only in some states)

Best Answer

No ,a kid that age is not mature enough to handle such a responsibility however I do know some people who say Im just runniing up to the store be back in 15 minutes but still i wouldnt leave them a lone for a second, 10 year olds are still babies in my eyes but thats just me

Best Answer

No!

Best Answer

A 10 year old boy generally isn't mature enough to be responsible for his 6 year old brother, but it really depends on the individual children. Personally I wouldn't. Perhaps at 12 and 8 with regular phone calls home and strict instructions about fire safety and not answering the door.

Best Answer

I think there's a huge difference between what one would do if one is a farm family/rural and what one does if one lives in the city. I would never let a 10-year-old city reared child care for a sibing. Concurrently, I would never let a house-bound cat live as a barn cat. On the other hand, I would let my rural child care for a younger sibling and I let the barn cats live outside in the barn in the winter. It's a matter of experience, maturity and place.

Best Answer