kittykat6918 kittykat6918 18-21, F 5 Answers Aug 28 in Community

A 13-15 year old teen? well thats like the #1 age group for depression - not surprising between the growing pains of teenagehood, the sudden escalation of requirements at school, and (above all), the storm of hormones that is puberty, that screws with your emotional stability so thoroughly for 4 or 5 years (or more)

Best Answer

No I have been depressed for as long as I can remember but I conceal it as to not make my family worry about me. I hate the stigma accost associated with teenagers and I believe we aren't "all the same". Plus I have type one diabetes since this may, I also have bi-polar disorder and I have severe mood swings and anger issues. I am a pretty ****** up person as you can see.

Best Answer

Ah, OK. Well I'd never class teenagers as all the same - god forfend - but there are some things that most of them will have in common.

Is your depression diagnosed & treated or have you kept it concealed from your doctors as well? (you may well be aware, but ..) Most depression is purely a matter of brain chemistry, of serotonin deficiency/reuptake, and can be alleviated with meds (SSRIs) that have few side-effects.

As for anger issues, well ... ****, you've got a lot to be angry about, between the bipolar rollercoaster and diabetes. A quick look at a few of your experiences, though, didnt give me the impression of someone who's ****** up -at least, not as a person, even if your body is kinda crapping out on you in spots.

Best Answer

That picture doesent help but On average most are on here

Best Answer

I could see that

Best Answer

i don't know you so i have no way to know whether i would think you are depressed. but depression doesn't discriminate, anyone could get it...

Best Answer

Wise words. I'm usually such a bubbly person but I don't know...

Best Answer

Depression is common now days

Best Answer

I know. It's sad

Best Answer

I'm here if you need someone to talk to

Best Answer

Yeah. A lot of teenage girls on this site are depressed. Basically everyone on this site is depressed.

Best Answer

I'm depressed for different readins

Best Answer

Reasons

Best Answer

What would those reasons be?

Best Answer

I don't want to invade. Sorry. If you'd rather not share...

Best Answer