Yes, in certain contexts. I don't like to use the word and don't use it in every day language. I use it (as does my wife) when describing what one could call "recreational sex". An example would be to say I can "make love" with my wife, whereas intercourse with another woman is "*******". It might be a coarse way to put it when one could use the term "having sex", but "sex" can consist of many types of contact, whereas "****" and its derivatives are defined as "sexual intercourse".

Best Answer

I wouldn't use it too much, and I personally would only put it in a conversation that a character was having. Some people swear, and it is only natural that a book would have a character that swears every now and then. Just don't over do it because it can get offensive.

Best Answer

I wouldn't recommend it. Personally, I find it degrading when an author uses crude words to describe something. Those of us who read don't use such language.

Best Answer

I read a lot and yes, I swear sometimes. Don't you think it is a little judgmental to think that only a certain type of person (one who doesn't swear) reads? Or a certain type of person (one who does swear) doesn't read? Books, stories, articles etc, are for all kinds of people not just one particular type of person.

Best Answer

There's nothing wrong with using it, but you definitely shouldn't overuse it.

Best Answer

I think your publisher would recommend finding a different way to express that sentiment.

Best Answer

Sure. It's not like they don't use it.

Best Answer

If your lexicon has a dearth of intriguing articulations, perhaps you should not consider writing. That means "no".

Best Answer

I meant in a dialogue situation...like if a character said the word.

Best Answer

Honest answer? If that's the level of dialog I would not read the book, but for your stated audience I suppose that's what passes as communication.

Best Answer