My husband and i are planning to have a humanist wedding blessing in the estate of the building. We got married in May last year but about 3 months before I had the start of Harm OCD and it ruined my health, wedding and honeymoon. Now I'm working to combat my health and we really want to renew our vows. To be honest, my health wasn't the only thing, I'd list the things but I'd be here all day but the worst was that I never got to walk the aisle to the piece of music that means a lot to my husband and me, the very part we dreamed of for 3 years. My Mum thinks it should be called a 'Renewal' but I think Renewal makes it sound like the marriage went wrong as I've seen it used after people have had affairs and the such and that's not the case, I'm more "blessed" to have him as he's been so great with my health. What do you think? It will be a Humanist celebration conducted (hopefully) by my husband's friend then a foreign holiday..then settling to have a family! Thanks for reading.
CorruptedAngel CorruptedAngel 22-25, F 5 Answers Jan 21 in Dating & Relationships

A Celebration of Love

Join us in our love story..

Best Answer

I don't See Why not as long as you have a good P.A. system ..make sure to turn it up though so everyone can hear

Best Answer

Just one of the things that went wrong at our first wedding! No ceremony music, bad DJ..and that's on;y the beginning!

Best Answer

It sounds like a good idea! Wedding blessing, or marriage blessing. Or even a delayed wedding celebration.

Best Answer

I'm not sure I could call it a delayed wedding celebration as we are legally already married so it wasn't really delayed, so it'd have to be either a renewal or a blessing :-)

Best Answer

OK, I hope you have a really wonderful time!

Best Answer

If we lived our lives according to what others think. none of us would succeed, your mother Loves you i am sure, and she has her opinion, and its based upon nothing more than tradition. you must do what feels right to you in your heart. I am proud of you for still being positive and moving forward after your battles, you have earned the right to call this what it is you feel it is. So by all means yes. Call it a wedding blessing. congradulations. Hare Krishna

Best Answer

I think that's one of the battles my Mother and I always faced, we're the flipside of one another and just can't agree on anything. The improvements weren't just mine, they were my husband's too. Thanks for your kind words :-)

Best Answer

your mother will shed tears of love and joy for you on that day regardless. just go with your heart. I wish you nothing but happiness if life.

Best Answer

I think you should call it whatever is meaningful to you. Wedding part 2, Matrimony the Remix, whatever. You will probably need to include a line though in the invitation that kind of explains what a "wedding blessing" is though so that people are clear. If you didn't get to have a wedding ceremony because of whatever happened, then it could just state that it's the actual ceremony to celebrate your commitment to each other and so on.

Best Answer

Matrimony the Remix, I love that! I think that's our quirky humour all over too. Nuptials Revamped, you could go on forever, couldn't you? There will be a lot to include, including maybe (though I'm not sure) a piece to explain why we're doing it, and it's not about having two weddings, it's about the suffering we had before, on and after our wedding and how it's strengthened us and a piece that says "presence not presents". We've had one wedding already that people brought us gifts for, they don't need to buy us another one, that's not what this is about :-)

Best Answer

That sounds like a good idea, though I'd just say make sure you keep it short and sweet. They don't all need to know all of the details, but just understanding why it's important to you would probably help them connect those dots. As long as snacks are served at least, I would go to a relative's Nuptials Revamped ceremony. ;)

Best Answer

Oh no, trust me I've seen 'TMI' for myself at a wedding lol. I'd just include something that maybe says "we decided to reaffirm our love for one another in a humanist blessing. Humanist celebrations are tailor-made occasions, making them both joyful and personal". You don't need to focus on the negatives, hell I could even tell them all that I wanted it in a garden as I feel that in church we shut God out. Whilst I may not be certain about my religion there is enough truth in that statement to make it plausible!

Best Answer