If your family wasn’t really close…but you wanted that type of family and things never changed. My mother's extended family/children are closer to her than her own. Even though we are all there when she really needs us. It's seems as though most of us in this family are closer with our extended families. I'm closer to my mother and my brother who passed in 1989...for the others it not what I want it to be. But I have accepted things I can't change.
4UWisdom 4UWisdom 46-50, F 7 Answers Jul 8, 2012

absolutely not.........surround yurself with kind goodhearted people

Best Answer

I did this.

My family sucks and they only know how to take advantage of me. When I was about 25, I was fortunate enough to meet a lovely girl named Samantha, who became my best friend (more like a sister), and after I met her family, they basically adopted me. I lived with them for almost 2 years, and they were more of a family to me than my own family ever could have been. It was a wonderful feeling- those of you with a good family should APPRECIATE it. It sucks when your own family is just a bunch of vampires waiting for any opportunity to bleed you dry.

Best Answer

No, not wrong. That's why people make godparrents from unrelated friends. It makes them part of the family. And hey--you can have an "uncle" who was your dad's college roommate (and subsequently lifelong friend).

Best Answer

Go for it. You will have people in the future.

Best Answer

Of course it is okay, remember that you can choose your friends but you can't choose your family. If that's they way it is, make the most of it and find people wjo are nice to you with who you cant be nice to also

Best Answer

I agree with deltadon.

Best Answer