Nundochips Nundochips 31-35, M 18 Answers Dec 8, 2011

Well that was the reason for methadone and other monitored and controlled drug programs. To allow the addict to have a normal life without doing crime to support the habit. I doubt legalizing the natural drug itself will ever happen. Like the others have said, it would be taxed and their would still be illegal sale of it. I truly think the natural drug should be given in clinics instead of the pharmaceutical imitation, like methadone/subutex etc. The imitations are always far worse on the body and more addictive. But it won't happen. And even those drugs are then sold for 10 times more than they are worth on the street. It's a good question, but a really difficult one to answer.

Best Answer

It will never happen, good point about moving it from pharmacys to clinics, People don;t like it when they are waiting in line for their medication and someone goes right to the front of the queue to get their fix, if they are unfortunate enough to have lived life with drugs.

Best Answer

It might make things worse. More people would try it and take it up as a habit but then more people would become less motivated to hold down a job and need to commit crime to afford to live and keep their habit.

Best Answer

Indeed, great point !if it was legal would everyone take it.

Best Answer

Very few people don't commit crime because they have drugs, they commit crime because they DON'T have drugs. Al Capone did not commit crime because he was drunk, and contemporary drug lords do not commit crime because they are under the influence. The commit crime because of the money that drug prohibition makes available only to criminals. At the end of alcohol prohibition, people far preferred to buy the legal, regulated, taxed, controlled, reliable stuff rather than deal with the moonshiners and bootleggers. The same will be true for legalizing other drugs. Yes, alcohol is a drug, and so is tobacco.<br />
't

Best Answer

Ending prohibition didn't hurt the mob much. They had their organization in place, and money, so they just branched out.<br />
It might be nice to free the addicts, use the prisons for real criminals, instead.

Best Answer

Let's legalize pot. Other drugs, like meth and crap like that, I would say no. Pot is a nice drug, it is nice and mellow not a big deal. You can't legalize really dangerous drugs, people do stupid stuff and ruin their lives with meth and the like, some of it criminal.

Best Answer

Yes ... Pennsylvania has a State Store method of selling liquor , it's harder for a teen to by booze then it is drugs in Pa.

Best Answer

Lol here in scotland booze is like Coca -cola lol !

Best Answer

just audit the dealers. they got capone for tax evasion. how is it the unemployed gang banger can drive a car worth more then my house?

Best Answer

Either your house is reeeeeallly tiny :) or they just make shedloads lol !

Best Answer

slight over exageration :), but you get the drift.

Best Answer

I bet someone would break in to my car to run in a store and buy some heroin.

Best Answer

Indeed lol !

Best Answer

It would stop crime but then everyone would be high and lying that they needed pot. They already do it now.

Best Answer

Ask your self this, is there any criminal activity caused by or associated with the use alcohol?

Best Answer

Indeed, kind of what i was getting at would it change anything if drugs were legal, apart from dealers not being able to deal they would still probaly get it and sell it cheaper than the shops, I have alot of criminality throuhg alchohol.

Best Answer

seen

Best Answer

No

Best Answer

Drug dealing is worth billions of dollars a year.No government would miss the chance to profit in such a market,just as they profit from ever new laws which favour their pockets,or from speed cameras which bring in huge amounts.Governments are greedy and their prime ob<x>jective is to retain the power they have,and grow more powerful.Governments run the drug trade,and the rewards are immense.They also play the good guy,catching any opposition that threatens their supremacy in the drug trade(MINEMINEMINE)and,the icing on the cake,fine dealers and USERS,the very people they are illegally suppying,for possession of what they can ensure comes safely through customs to the street.Ever wondered how it is you can move to a new town and ,if desired,find the man in a couple of weeks,yet the police,with all at their disposal,struggle to do the same?

Best Answer

I don't believe the goverment ensure drugs come through customs. The police have to have evidence they can't just take people off the street without it even if they know it's being done but yes it is appalling how long it can take to push someone through the courts.

Best Answer

You may not believe me,but this is true.The police did exactly this to me in the last few days,the reason given was not possible(without going into details too long for here)and the court case is within two weeks.Me?I smoke a bit of weed.True.

Best Answer

Sounds more like someone ratted you out, if you do use but i don't know the details so can't comment.

Best Answer

just keep an open mind,thanks N.

Best Answer

Agreed.

Best Answer

No, I don't even think it would make a dent in the quota of criminal activities.

Best Answer