5musicbox5 5musicbox5 56-60, M 119 Answers Jul 15, 2012

Just as with women, it depends on the skirt and guy. There are women that would be better wearing pants all the time, and there are surely men who should stick to pants because there is no way they are going to look good in a skirt. But I believe most men and women would would look better in a proper fitting skirt if they are matched with the correct shoes and shirt or blouse. To look good in any environment or place, the skirt should not be shorter than 2 inches above the knee; whether man or woman the legs should be shaved; and if a formal or business event, stockings or pantyhose should be worn by man or woman.<br />
While guys and gals would look better in skirts, most dresses should be left for the gals, because there are few that would look good on a guy's shape

Best Answer

I liked the way you presented your thoughts about this subject, very nicely done.

Best Answer

Thank you very much you really have given us men a very clever answer.And it is encouraging to see some women happy for men to wear skirts or dresses.

Best Answer

Well said i could not agree more and yes while i would love to wear a dress i think a skirt would be far better for me and would go for it all the time bin a small town i would never live it down.ut as i live

Best Answer

I realize this is your opinion, and you're welcome to it, but to say a man "should" wear this or that puts "demands" on them that is no different then the stigma today of men in skirts or dresses. Men and women should wear what they want, how they want. As for me, I wear it all. It is the clothing manufacturers that separated gender clothing in the early twentieth century to sell more clothes! Now our western society has boxed in men to a very limited acceptance of what they can or should wear. I wear skirts or kilts every day, everywhere. I do not own any pants! If someone has a problem with it, it is their problem, not mine.

Best Answer

It depends on how the dress is cut. For myself, I've found that dresses that don't emphasize a high waistline work quite well, because I have a relatively long back.

Best Answer

I agree, dresses and skirt can be fitted to the male form just like they are for women.

Best Answer

As a male, I am far more comfortable in a skirt or a dress. I have always worn skirts. As I am comfortable in them, very few people seem to notice. I ride the public transit in Boston everyday in skirt and T-shirt. Several times I have done the grocery shopping in one of my dresses without a single comment. The skirt is being worn by more and more men. The men's skirts sell out fairly fast at the local mall. The men's dresses are not moving that fast yet.

Best Answer

Seems to me a lot of men in the US get away with wearing womens clothes out and about on a daily basis. Is it really that free and easy over there??

Best Answer

Davina01
Most of my skirts are men's skirts. I do own some that are unisex, and some from the womens rack. I also own and wear several kilts. I had no problems traveling in the U.K. in a denim skirt. No one seemed to notice or care. I chose to travel with a kilt and a few skirts as the skirts do not have metal fasteners for going through security at the airport or some of the entertainment venues, while I was there. On our West coast many men wear a skirt that is made by "Utilikilt" as regular business attire. The trend has been making its way throughout the U.S. and some of Canada.
Cheers
Steve

Best Answer

Actually, in most of the country the sighting of a man in a skirt is a rare occurance. There are a few locations where the odds are far better but normally if they are wearing a skirt they are trying hard to blend in as a woman. Some do a better job than others of course.

Best Answer

I like jeans skirts because they are much more comfy then pants

Best Answer

yes i think so to and quite a bit stronger as well i like skirts that are waterproof for when its wet i don't wear pants as they can damage your health

Best Answer

Skirts and heels

Best Answer

I totally agree with you when you say they look better in kirts and heels, provided they shaved there legs and where nylons or pantyhose.

Best Answer

of course

Best Answer

Heels make anybodies legs look better

Best Answer

Skirts rock! I've worn them for years and 'the boys' appreciate it.

Best Answer

My ex boyfriend would look great in a skirt as he has long slender legs and sexy knees. He shaves under his arms so a dress may not be out of the question.

Best Answer

why not ask him to wear one then?

Best Answer

I know he had a hard enough time coming out as gay. Unfortunately, queer bashing is still going on. We are in a town where people still think by showing your legs in shorts is "gay", so you can imagine how a guy in a skirt (even if it was made for a man) would go down. I wish it wasn't so, but it is sadly.

Best Answer

Has to be a skirt as dresses just do not fit that well on a man. If somebody was to make dresses fitted to men's dimensions then they would be great.

Best Answer

yes your right it would be good if they made them for men

Best Answer

I agree! I would LOVE to see a full dress made specifically for a man. God bless the day we finally get to that point!

Best Answer

I'm a fan of skirt, some nice heals, garter and stockings.

Best Answer

Skirt...a dress would make my chest and shoulders look way too big

Best Answer

I personally prefer a black dress with white collar and half sleafes tightly belted

Best Answer

so do I. A LBD is perfect.

Best Answer

Truthfully i think a Skirt would be far better on a man and would love to wear one daily but am afraid of what the people would say but i would also love to wear a dress and if i was away in a strange city on holiday's i would wear either of them and have done so and got real pleasure from it as well.

Best Answer

if you started wearing them after a while nobody would bother you its more of your self thats saying its not right but you say you have worn them on holiday and had pleasure so why stop when you come home?

Best Answer

Many years ago (tho, I'm only 25 now) I was nervous to go out in anything women related, but I got a lot of pleasure from it when I did. Now, I wear woman's clothes in all my free time (I've been working a lot). I live around Seattle, so I know I am in a pretty easy area to be able to do this, but I have had many more positive comments than negative ones. I get a lot of smiles from women and funny looks from kids at their parents hand, you just have to actually feel comfortable and the warmth will reach your eyes and be apparent to those around you. Though I haven't quite mastered that... Now, the thing I enjoy most is how comfortable I feel around others (family, friends, strangers) while wearing what I want; which is pretty much all dresses right now, I got this black one that fits me quite well from Fred Myers that I wore to my last day of work.

Best Answer

i happen to like a man in a kilt.

Best Answer

thats what most of the girls i've met say

Best Answer

girls know stuff

Best Answer

girl's mini kilt or long, men's kilt?

Best Answer

man's kilt with all trimmings.

Best Answer

ahh no.

Best Answer

kilts

Best Answer

yes i do

Best Answer

Meh, skirt. I'm a size bigger up top and a dress wouldn't work. Though a designer who had a little imagination might be able to come up with a low-waisted, belted style of shift dress that could work for office environments.

Best Answer

Yes, dresses are a little problematic. I think most men are shaped that way. I usually buy one size up in a dress over a skirt for precisely this reason. It's a nuisance for sure.

Best Answer

Probably dresses as they come in so many different styles and colors. I only own a few and they are mostly sheath dresses. I love to get one with a flared skirt and a formal gown would be just dreamy.

Best Answer

i have only one and its has half sleves a belt in the middle the skirt part has loose pletes round it just below knee length i love just wearing that its very comfortable.

Best Answer

depends but the definately look better with eye liner!

Best Answer

Kilts look good, but I don't think they'd fill out a dress well, unless they got one tailored for them, in which case it might not be a dress anymore.

Best Answer

you may be right

Best Answer

It doesn't matter what people making out of it. Never female were born with a skirt nor male in pants, it is all made in some brains. I wish people would more think about the problem in the back, because the anatomy of a male body requires a skirted garment. <br />
The male organs need fresh air and cool, it should be 2-5 degree lower than body temperature. A short skirt or dress would be the best kind of dress for him.<br />
The opposite, the female reproduction organs are located inside the body to keep it warm, exactly like the body temperature. They should wear loose pants and a long dress or skirt over it. That are the basics.<br />
What we are doing with our "fashion"-ideas are far beside that what the body really needs. How can we fix this problem?

Best Answer

Just encourage people to use that complex thing between their ears. It isn't just made for adopting patterns or to impose concepts on others.

Best Answer

Well, I think boys and men would look very good in skirts and typical men-dresses. I can't say better because I don't know the option you was thinking about. Men can look good in some kind pants, too.<br />
I my opinion men supposed to wear skirted garments because of their anatomy, for more comfort and health. And, looking in the history, the skirt was the garment of men, not for women until end of the 17th century when some women cut off their long dresses in two parts, the skirt for women was "born". And those women did it to look more 'manly' and that was later the intention to go further into men's wardrobe.<br />
Today there is nothing left in a man's closet what women can't wear. <br />
Back to the main question: In some of the comments are the remark "depends on the body of the wearer" which makes sense. I agree.<br />
But I think men should decide what they like best, it should be not in hand of women which can assist a man a lot what to wear with the skirt or dress, but the major decision should be done by men.

Best Answer

As in the basic article stated, depends on the body of the man. Generally men looking very good in skirted garments, and the history tell us also that the skirt originally was only a male garment.<br />
Today, well when reading all the comments I can see that men like to go with the idea wearing a skirted garment (I see some problems with some kind of dresses for men - of course there are some nice designed for men only). About high heels? I don't know really what to say because I know that the first who wore high heels were men (again). <br />
It must in opinion of the wearer what to wear under skirts/dresses, no restrictions at all.<br />
The world of today must learn and understand that fashion isn't a "One Way" direction and men shouldn't be restricted at all.

Best Answer

well put together i did't know men were the first to wear high heels do you know how long ago or why thanks.

Best Answer

Article that may be of interest to you regarding this very topic:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-21151350

Best Answer