my friend is dating someone and lets be honest they break up every 5 minutes, but now the other person still wants her, but also wants a open relationship, the other person doesnt want this. what should they do?
pimpstressbarbie pimpstressbarbie 18-21, F 83 Answers Feb 11, 2013 in Dating & Relationships

They should just break up for good.they're obviously aren't on the same page, it's better in the long run to go separate ways. But to answer you question, I wouldn't do an open relationship with my husband because I don't like to share and morally for me, its cheating.

Best Answer

I completely agree! And, I usually feel that if a person wants an open relationship they want the best of both worlds. Having an open relationship to me means that one person still wants to 'date around' while having the 'convenience' of a regular steady boyfriend/girlfriend. That person still in essence wants to shop for someone else.
I think this couple should break up. Your friend should not compromise her values.

Best Answer

Hell no, I would never do an open relationship. The words "open" and "relationship" contradict one another by definition.<br />
A relationship, in the sense we are talking about, connotes a devotion to a singular person that is formed through respect, loyalty, responsibility and so forth.<br />
The word open means that there would be no such boundaries, thus negating the part about it being a relationship. It lacks respect, loyalty and so forth. <br />
An open relationship is simply a way for man-whóres and slúts to have something stable to run back to after sleeping around as much as they want. It is a revolting perversion of what a relationship is meant to be.<br />
In other words, the one proposing the open relationship should be kicked between the legs and left to squirm in agony while the one who doesn't want it should go their merry way.

Best Answer

Hi, the way you explain an open relationship can't get any better. You're right on the dot. Thanks for making the question easier to understand.

Best Answer

i would be afraid of getting std no thank you

Best Answer

It's the reason my marriage recently broke up. First she cheated on me and then wanted an open relationship. Answer...no. If you are both on the same page then sex with other people shouldn't even be on the agenda. Sex is something that exists within the relationship o enhance it. Taking it out of the relationship will only destroy it in the end. As for your friend she should swallow hard and walk away. Just my opinion. I hope it was helpful.

Best Answer

They sound like the people who provided the data for the Kinsey report. .Anything goes,anything at all. For me open relationship= no relationship.

Best Answer

Your friend should go their seperate ways. I myself would consider an open relationship, but there would have to be some rules.

Best Answer

I think both parties need to be keen for it to work . For me the occasional sharing of partners is o.k as long as its out in the open , but I do like to think my wife is my special one and I am hers .

Best Answer

There is no right or wrong in issues of sexuality. These notions of right or wrong are imposed upon us by the religious fairy tales that are believed when we are born. Most of us will eventually begin to resent the feeling of being possessed. If they hurt no one then they can define their relationship the way they want. Most of these responses seem to want to denigrate people for hurting no one. If they can make it work , if they can get past jealousy, and they harm no one then whats the harm.

Best Answer

Amen!! I was getting rather depressed about the state of openness of people's minds until I read your comment. All of these stories about cheating and running around...the point in having an open relationship is to have that special person that you want to grow old with and form a family with but still being self confident enough to not be shackled down to that one thing for the rest of eternity....soulmates and friends and honest communication. i agree if two people aren't on the same page then a problem needs to be addressed, but communication is key.

Best Answer

Go their separate ways.

Best Answer

It never works. You either wanna be with someone or you don't.

Best Answer

I could do it with someone that was new, within the first 3-6 months.... after that it feels like I have marked my territory a little too much to know someone else is cocking their leg up on her too.

Best Answer

my life is like a open book i didnt hide my any relation

Best Answer

sure...why not..it would give me time to search for a person who really wants me

Best Answer

I wouldn't and i don't think it's good idea...

Best Answer

I would never be able to have an open relationship even if I tried being open-minded about it. I'm the jealous type so it just wouldn't work!

Best Answer

To me that is I want to have sex with you but not much else so that would not work for me

Best Answer

oh i misread that, it sounded like u said u wanted to have sex with me lol

Best Answer

Hope you are having a great weekend

Best Answer

i am

Best Answer

If they cant a mutual understanding then to seperate sounds like a good anwser

Best Answer

No. I was offered this a few years back, but I declined.

Best Answer

I think it depends on the person you're with.

Best Answer

Trust

Best Answer