Daycare leader every morning, all year round including school holidays Extended schools worker (leader of it) every afternoon excluding school holidays
Jenni855 Jenni855 26-30, F 76 Answers Jul 26, 2012

Absolutely not. Your mom has problems and they have nothing to do with you. Anyone who would be ashamed of their daughter's career (and yes, you have a career), barring something like a **** actress or ******** where some level of discomfort is understandable, is not stable.

Best Answer

Nope, as long as she was happy I would be cool with it.

Best Answer

no, you shouldn't I wouldn't be ashamed of my daughter as long as she was working towards something in her life.

especially if she had a degree, i wouldn't be ashamed......maybe your using the wrong word here

Best Answer

Absolutely not! Is having a degree necessarily supposed to mean that a person shouldn't do a job helping others? Or does it mean that that person should be earning as much money as possible regardless of what that involves?

Hopefully a degree means having had sufficient intellectual resources to chart one's own way in life and not to be swayed by other people's opinions if they were unjust.

Best Answer

no i would encourage and embrace whatever made her happy so long as it doesnt hurt her or anybody else all i would care about is her happiness as her parent i would imagine

Best Answer

Uh no. My parents are proud that I will be working with children and doing something I enjoy for the rest of my life.

Best Answer

I would be more upset if my educated twenty-seven year old daughter did not have a job and was not making an attempt at becoming employed. To be in charge of caring for someone else's children is a huge responsibility and should not be considered a menial position.

Best Answer

No.. i love my daughter

Best Answer

No. Do what makes you happy. Live your life for yourself and nobody else.

Best Answer

Not at all.

Best Answer

Nope, I'd proud she was doing something she enjoyed rather than joining the rat race!

Best Answer

i concur.

Best Answer

Why? What's wrong with that?

Best Answer

My mother thinks they are useless jobs and beneath me.

Best Answer

It is not useless as long as it makes you happy and contented. :)

Best Answer

Nice of her to say so. She's a great mother, supporting your choices and helping your self confidence along like that (LOL)

Best Answer

I would absolutely brag on my daughter!! Caring for little ones is a desperately important job and not to be taken lightly. Its also not easy at times. I want you to know you,girl,are the shiz for what you do. I admire people who care for kids.

Best Answer

Not at all. Even if it wasnt the best they could do, I'd just want them to be happy.

Best Answer

Sounds like your Mother is a trifle on the Snobbish Side. Beneath You. Really.

Best Answer

Why not? If she can support herself through honest work I don't see any problem. It's not like she's panhandling or scamming senior citizens.

Best Answer

Not at all!

Best Answer

No way, I have a daughter with a degree and she does have a job in her chosen field which wouldn't have without that degree but for months before she got that job she worked in a clothes shop.

If she still worked in that shop I would be proud of her cos shes got off her bum and got a job, doesn't matter what it is.

You need to take a good look at some of the lazy little swines out there refusing to work living off benefits!

Best Answer

If you like to care for children, how about you become a doctor or teacher for them?

Maybe that fits your and your mothers need.

Best Answer

Yes, great suggestion! As a schoolteacher, you'd be doing pretty much the same thing, and at the same time have the status and respect due to belonging to a reputed profession. Or you may consider other related professions. There's a lot you can do with that degree you have, you know!

Best Answer

No

Best Answer

No. I'd be proud of her for doing something she enjoyed.

If you're happy and surviving, that is all that matters. Besides, you can use that experience later if you want to study psychology, start your own daycare, get a teaching license, or if you decide to have kids. No experience is wasted if you enjoy it.

Best Answer