The father of my daughter and I separated two years ago. Since he now wants to be a part of her life I've been letting him take her out. He's moved in with his current girlfriend and her three kids,ne is a teenage boy. He's very nice and fun loving so she loves to spend time with him when there. She started to spend the nights there a few times a week a month ago without having to be brought home in the middle of the night. I had to pick her up early for a doctor appt and that's when I found out she's been sleeping in the boys room and same bed. I don't like the idea and told her dad so but I only got that I was overreacting and I should let it go. I just don't think its appropriate especially because there are two girls in the house. Should I be persistent in requesting she stops sleeping in his bed or am I overreacting?
Z11221988 Z11221988 26-30, F 20 Answers Nov 30, 2012 in Motherhood

ABSOLUTELY NOT! <br />
You're the mother and you're supposed to protect her, even if it means being looked at as the 'over-reacting one' from time to time.<br />
This is a bad situation, and no matter how nice that boy is, boys will be boys. I urge you to stop this from happening.

Best Answer

At first I was thinking on occasion if it were her older brother and she was scared or he fell asleep reading to her, it's fine... What you describe is weird. If they don't have a bed for her she should be on the couch or something.

Best Answer

You should persist. <br />
Better to be safe then end up very sorry.

Best Answer

no not at all...def put a stop to that!!!!

Best Answer

I was 4 years old when first molested by a 10 year old boy. So, no, do not allow them to sleep together. I would be extremely suspicious and alarmed over this arrangement and would not be intimidated by people telling me I am an idiot, overreacting etc In fact I would go so far as to bring in child protection services. They would definitely frown on this set up.

Best Answer

I wouldn't let that continue. As sick as it sounds, you never know what the boy will do. I find it odd he doesn't have a problem with it either.

Best Answer

No. They should both have thier own bed. Any child over 1 should have thier own bed. <br />
Besides, one never knows what could happen. The four year old could kick or poke the boy in the face.

Best Answer

no not at all, the girlfriend should realize that too, I wouldn't let that carry on. you must be very firm.

Best Answer

Definitely go with your instincts. I would be very uncomfortable especially where he is not her brother.

Best Answer

Congrats on joining EP TODAY

Best Answer

Hi

Best Answer

Now, I don't like to think bad thought of things that could happen but as her mother if you see something wrong then you should voice your opinion and do something. If the boy was her older brother who she has lived with her whole life then I wouldn't really mind but just throwing a little girl into a bed with a teenage boy...Ugh i just hate to think about possibilities like this... but i would be pretty uncomfortable too

Best Answer