I know it's sorta racist but when I hear the name Caryn Johnson I think, white upper middle class cheerleader. I do NOT think of one of the funniest women in America. I'd be really pleased to meet Caryn, she's one of my favorite actors.
krool1969 krool1969 41-45, M 10 Answers Nov 11, 2012 in Movies & TV

No, I would not be surprised. Most of the black women and men I've known have had names that were just like that. James Kennedy, Garry Saunders, Penny Anderson; names like that.

Best Answer

so true!

Best Answer

Don't forget Scott Joplin, no relation to Janis, for obvious reasons.

Best Answer

Yes. Scott. Wonderful rag time piano. Love that music.

Best Answer

Yup.

Best Answer

Also Berry White, who was not at all white.... Well maybe his teeth.

Best Answer

I would not be surprised, often you hear a name and imagine ahead of time what they will look like. Like for example: Joseph and Sarah, or Julio and Juanita. Another example is Trayvon and LaQuisha or Dim Lee and Sung Yagn.

Best Answer

Not nessisarily. I knew a very white Utah Mormon name LaQuisha.

Best Answer

No. The way she spells her first name would lead me to suspect it. I find that blacks more than whites spell their names differently. It's not to say that every time I see an unconventional spelling that I assume the person is black, but if it turns out that way it doesn't surprise me one bit.

Best Answer

Erich is an unconventional spelling of MY name (Eric) but when I see it I think "German"

Best Answer

nope- I love whoopi too :)

Best Answer

no0t at all i meet all kinds of people with all kinds of names. and you are right it does sound like a racist thought??

Best Answer

just as much as Whoopi Goldberg would

Best Answer

Whoopi Goldberg sees a black woman named Caryn Johnson every time she look in a mirror!

Best Answer

Blacks do tend to have first names that are difficult to spell, and hence difficult to remember. I know that it impedes interpersonal relations, when nobody can recall or pronounce your name.

Best Answer

you should get out more , there is a shell gas station and a 7/11 in my old neighborhood after 6 years I never could pronounce those guy's names and they had on name tags . if you are genuinely interested in someone you'll find a way to remember their name .

Best Answer

That is the whole point. You have to be genuinely interested to remember their names, whereas recalling somebody's name should not require that much effort. And I do agree that categories of people other than blacks have difficult names. But blacks are what the question asked about.

Best Answer

I don't know who you're talking about, but no I wouldn't. I'd be more surprised to meet a black guy named Todd or Kyle.

Best Answer

she's better known for her somewhat scatological nickname

Best Answer

whoopi goldberg

Best Answer

I wouldn't be surprised at all.

Best Answer

It's like a white chick called Letisha or Monifah.

Best Answer